sarahgiambrone
My Sebastian James..... On Friday I'll take him to the vet... something tells me this may be his last vet visit. He's 13.5 years old and he's just so tired. I keep trying to prepare myself for what I know is to come soon. My husband would rather pretend he's fine and ignore all of it so I feel a little on my own. Any suggestions would be great... File_001.jpeg 
Quote 0 0
catiebee
What a gorgeous boy! That is a wonderful picture. 

I am so sorry Sebastian James is declining. It is excruciating to watch them change and their quality of life decrease. Completely heart rending.

I don't know if it's possible to mentally and emotionally prepare for letting them go. It is terribly hard and painful. 

People here understand all too well and are compassionate. I hope that writing and connecting here will be helpful for you.  

I do hope he rallies and that you'll have more time.  Wishing you strength and comfort this week. Hugs to you!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Sarah,

What a lovely picture of your beautiful Sebastian James - and what a great name. I understand you very well as I have gone through the same painful journey. You see, my beloved Max, a yellow Lab as well, made it shy of 13 when we had to help him to cross over. I had felt he was on his way for quite some time and I also did go to the vet one last time when I knew that we would not have him for long (he made it one more month after the vet visit). 13,5 is a good ole age for a Lab (around 95 in human years) and I can imagine very well that Sebastian James is tired and kind of on his way to the "other world". Is he ill also? My Max was old and ill.

I believe it is rare that our inner feelings lie to us and it is indeed a sad and difficult but also a very intensive journey you will have to go now. Try to celebrate each day as it comes (I know this is not easy at all), listen to what your vet has to say and what he thinks. Take your time and listen to your heart. And listen to Sebastian James.

You are not alone, Sarah - we are all here for you to listen and to help you on this heartbreaking journey.

My heart goes out to you and my good wishes are with you
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Sarah, my prayers are with you
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Sarah
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Snowfire
Beautiful dog. Looks very healthy and not overweight which can shorten lifespan. At that age my one dog developed joint issues which was treated by adequan. Amazing results and she had improved greatly after just one shot. They can do a blood test to check other things, a lot of them treatable. Good luck.
Quote 0 0
sarahgiambrone
Thank you everyone for your kind messages... since I wrote that post this afternoon, he hasn’t eaten a thing. He’s taken a few sips of water here and there. I know it’s time.. I’m going to call the vet back tomorrow and let him know. It’s taking every ounce of my energy to bring myself to do this but I know he’ll be a happier pup in “puppy heaven” ...

My heart is so broken right now.
Quote 0 0
Snowfire
How was his appetite before and did you give him anything different. Vet will probably ask and also anything else unusual like vomiting or diarrhea. Yes would call vet ASAP. Great thoughts come your way
Quote 0 0
sarahgiambrone
No vomiting or diarrhea but he’s been randomly gagging for a week now, even when not eating. I didn’t give him anything new either. His breathing is erratic and has been getting worse. I’m worried it’s congestive heart failure. That pic was taken a long time ago. It’s just my absolute favorite! Always smiling..
Quote 0 0
Mackysmum
Hi Sarah
Fantastic photo , he is beautiful so cute

Sorry to hear that your boy is not well , its heartbreaking watching them decline makes y9u feel so powerless , i do truly hope he bounces back and you have must wanted time with your special boy .

In your heart you just seem to know deep down it kinda hits you that its their time to leave us , someone told me in the last week of my mackys life , that I will know when it's time , that macky will give me a " sign " i did not know what that person ment untill the last day he was here with me . It hit me in the face and he told me he had enough of trying .
I hope your sweet boy can give you a sign as well.

Your in my thoughts and I hope you get more time with him , i know how terrible stressful and hard this time is its indescribable, I am so sorry xx
Quote 0 0