nicokudo
My precious Nico(who left me  in June of 2007) loved to pick up those 6 inch rawhide chew stick with his paws, throw them in the air and then jump in the air to bat them to the ground.  When he died I didn't have the heart to throw them away. I have never seen another cat do anything like this.   Last night my 2.5 year old Bella, started pushing it around with her paws, picked it up and then tried to bat it down.  She only did it once and then stared at me for several minutes.  Neither she nor Marco have ever shown any interest in them.

I burst into tears of joy, looked at my sweetheart Bella and thanked Nico for showing her how to do it, thanked him for a visit and a sign that was unmistakeable to me.  Nico has never given me a real sign that he was close, but for that minute or two last night he was everywhere.  I cried so hard but they were such tears of hope and joy.

Thank you Nico for that truly special visit!!

Karen, Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Quote 0 0
Hulasmommy

Oh, how wonderful!!! I'm so excited for you...I hope my lil Hula lets her mommy know she is okay. Thank you for giving such sweet thoughts for me to think of. Thank you!!!

Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Oh, Karen ~

That is wonderful!  It never ceases to amaze me, how they get their messages through to us even after years have passed.  Congratulations!

Stevie Raow Vaughn has taken on so many of Buddy's silly habits and mannerisms.  I know they communicate with each other. Steve even demands butt 'mackin's like Buddy did. 

xoxoxo

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
rrawson
that was heart warming,i thought i was nuts for seeing similar actions from my babies
Quote 0 0
Mackie
I'm so desperate for a sign from my Boomer...I'm happy for you that you got one.  I hope to hear more stories from others who have gotten signs -- it'll make me a little more hopeful....

Be well,
Mackie
Quote 0 0
damselfly1213

@Mackie - When Cosmo, my cockatiel, died I decided to bury her in a flowerbed where wild whitewing doves feed (Cosmo used to sit in a windowsill and watch them). I thought maybe she wanted to join them. I dug a little grave, placed her in it, and put a flowerpot over it to keep any wild animals from digging her up. Then I sat on the border of the bed and told her how I was feeling, how I missed her, and what she had meant to me. I thought if anything I'd picture her flying away to join the doves...but I swear I could feel her presence on my shoulder, where she always liked to perch. When I told a friend about this later, she said, "If you think she was there, she was. That's the way it works." 

Quote 0 0