rachmichelle47 Show full post »
rachmichelle47
I’m so sorry about little Pecan. It’s been one week since Perry left us and I just feel like a huge part of me is missing. I know you can relate — my heart is with you. 
Quote 0 0
Buddy_Mama
Rachmichelle, I so know what you mean re: telling your baby you love them about 3,836 times a day... I did that too with my Buddy. Remembering that he *always* heard the words "I love you" multiple times a day, every day, has helped me wrangle with this grief. 🙂
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 0 0
Mdmoore
I can relate too. I also thanked my baby girl Ruby (chocolate lab) every morning for giving me another day to be with her.  I saw every day she was around as a gift until the day I lost her forever.  Now I have to tell myself, while missing her and holding back the tears, that she will always be my greatest gift and treasure all the many memories we built together.  I spent more time with my baby girl Ruby then anyone else.  
M Moore
Quote 1 0
rachmichelle47

On day 10, I made it through the whole day without crying (as long as I make it until sleep) for the first time. But I feel guilty. I know Perry wouldn’t want me to cry. But I don’t want to seem like I didn’t love him enough. 

Grief makes our brains irrational. 

Quote 1 0
Buddy_Mama
It does indeed. Grief is a most insidious twister of rationality and logic. If we could separate our emotions from the events that happened with our babies, we’d see that we are not to blame, that it’s better for them not to endure prolonged suffering, and that death is a natural and inevitable process for all of us (humans and pets alike).

But just try telling that to our hearts.

Rachmichelle, I know what you mean by recognizing the milestone of being able to get through the first day without crying. Yesterday was that day for me. Then I cried again tonight from thinking about that, and reliving the last night with my Buddy and his last moments, and the guilt all over again. It’s a vicious cycle.

Just wanted to acknowledge what you said, and tell you I understand and I’m with you. ❤️
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 0 0