MissUCosmo
I lost my beloved Cosmo on December 26th. I am very heartbroken as I had my sweet boy since he was 8 weeks old. That sweet little gray and white chubby kitten with a big head big white paws and the biggest green eyes. He always cuddled with me and sleep with me. He was such a talker and was the boss of our house! I miss him so much. I have been asked if I would get another cat. I might but not until I grieve my baby's loss. I just don't think it would be fair now to get another cat. I am not ready. People think that I would feel better but I don't think so. I am definitely waiting. I still catch myself looking for him when I come home. I just try to take one day at a time.
Gwenn Massini
Quote 0 0
bear62
Gwenn  I am so sorry for your loss of Cosmo. The grief can be an overwhelming roller coaster ride that never seems like it will end. Cosmo sounds like my Dog Fuzz , I am sure of it that she literally thought she was the boss of the world. As for me I won't let anyone pressure me into getting another dog. It is very personal to me and I will know if and when the time is right.
 I have found this forum and all the great people here to be my lifeline since Fuzz left on Dec 24th. I hope and pray that it will be helpful to you as you take this journey that none of us wanted.
  I will  pray for comfort and peace to come back into your life and that you can sense that Cosmo is still with you.
Quote 0 0
Catladykaren
I'm very sorry you lost your sweet boy. It takes time to grieve, don't let anyone rush you. We all grieve differently and it can be a roller coaster of emotions. I'm glad you are considering opening your heart to another fur baby. And it makes perfect sense to wait until you are ready. You are not alone in missing your baby, we all share the pain of a heartbreaking loss. I hope you will find comfort in sharing your story here. The support is unparalleled.
Love is eternal....
Quote 0 0
ddi31
Sorry to hear about your fur baby Gwenn. Know that you are among friends here and we all understand what you're going thru. We all grieve in our own ways and differently for each of our fur babies which is a testament to them. I had my Shelby put down years ago but he was more of a feral cat that I gave a home to. He went into renal failure at about 7 years old. I felt bad and still think about him, occasionally shedding a tear, but I just had my other cat Cleo put down New Years Eve and this one stings. She was unique, like a dog. I remember getting her and I'll never have a New Years again without thinking of her. With the help of others on this site, we will all get thru this. You'll know when the time is right for another fur baby. Just listen to your heart. God Bless you.
RIP Cleo and Shelby
Quote 0 0
molly222
I to lost my cat ronnie this new years eve, he had been run over and when i found
him I thought my heart would break. He was only 16 months old and I miss him terribley.
Quote 0 0
ddi31
Molly, my heart goes out to you. Ronnie will be waiting for you and he'll be by your side once again. Prayers to you.
RIP Cleo and Shelby
Quote 0 0
DaisiB
Dear Gwenn,

I am so very sorry you lost your Cosmo. I lost my dog Daisy on 12/27. My heart goes out to you in support.

Daisy too was definitely the boss of the house. I used to jokingly refer to her as the "8 pound dictator".

She had to be a part of everything that went on. Everything was her business. One of our many rituals was that she had to inspect each grocery bag I brought into the house.  I miss her enthusiastic greeting each night when I get home. I miss her sweet face in the morning. So much I miss.

I understand about not wanting another pet right away. Someday maybe, but right now can't even think about that.

Take care of yourself Gwenn - you have friends who understand on this site.

Sincerely,

Donna Baker
Donna B.
Quote 0 0
MissUCosmo
My Cosmo would inspect every bag as he was looking for his "stuff". I still look for him when I come in the house or check the bathroom to see if his litter box is clean. I still can't seem to believe he is gone.
Gwenn Massini
Quote 0 0
DaisiB

Dear Gwenn,

I understand. We who loved a pet were so focused on their care and well-being while they were with us that is hard to accept they are gone.

Earlier today at the grocery store, out of habit, I went to the pet aisle to see if there were any new toys Daisy might like.
Donna B.
Quote 0 0