bearzz
Hello everyone,
How does one handle a very unexpected death of a beloved pet?  I have just lost my 6 year old Basset, Duke, after leaving him with a friend for the weekend. She accidently ran him over with her truck.  He was so vibrant, healthy, and loving.  My friend is beyond consolation, and I'm almost there too.  He passed quickly, but I was not expecting to bring home my very best friend and beloved companion, wrapped in a blanket with his soul somewhere over the bridge.  This is truly hurting me like I've never hurt before.  I've lost many, many family members and pets, but this hurt is far worse than any I've experienced. We had such a bond. He was my shadow. My heart is shattered.  How do you deal with such a shock and loss?

Quote 0 0
divena
Dearest bearzz,my heart goes out to you at this time,I feel your pain so much,I have recently lost a baby to a car accident. Knowing that Duke passed quickly,take as a comfort his passing was painless and he would have run straight to the bridge,he will be there now in a happy place looking down on you,but his spirit will be all around you for ever until you meet again. Take time to grieve,he knows you loved him and knows you would never have left him if you thought for one second he was in danger. Please be strong,I am in the Uk and about to light a candle for my Tidy and all the other babies who have passed,I have taken some comfort from all the wonderful people here..god bless you at this time xx
Divena
Quote 0 0
River
I'm so sorry, I am a little behind on my posts. I can relate all too well to your sorrow and am so sorry that you have experienced such a tragedy. 16 weeks ago tomorrow, my little 18 month old yellow lab was hit by a car while on an outing with one of my daughters and our other 2 year old lab. Like you, I have lost many family members and pets, but this loss has been the most difficult to bear by far. I think that the shock intensifies the pain. I still struggle to accept what happened. He is never far from my thoughts. The first weeks were excruciating. It is still very early for you. How are you doing?
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Bearzz,

I am so sorry to hear about your shocking loss.  My heart aches for you and for your friend.  I can't imagine how she must feel.  I hope you will find some measure of comfort in knowing that either of you would have done anything in your power to have prevented this terrible accident from happening.  I'm sure you are aware of that, and I know that it doesn't change the fact that you are in shock, and you are devastated.

Shock and loss are so hard to deal with.  The best way I have found to deal with them is to let them flow, but to also remember the good times.  Even though the tears flow for a while, the smiles will shine through and eventually take over. 

Be gentle with yourselves.  Remember to eat healthy foods and get what rest you can.  Your heart and mind will heal better if you keep your body healthy and calm.

I just can't imagine the sorrow you and your friend are experiencing.  I have my own sorrow, but without the added burden of such terrible shock. 

You, your friend, and your sweet Angel Duke are all in my thoughts and prayers.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0