amiara
I had my beloved cat Foxy put to sleep 2 days ago.  She was 18 years old, and could no longer walk. I am completely heart-broken, I keep bursting into tears, and I feel numb.  

She was the sweetest cat I have ever known.  She loved people, loved attention, and loved giving kisses.  If I put my hand in front of her, she would keep kissing it until I finally took it away.  

Foxy had trouble getting around for the past couple years, so she mainly just stayed in my living room/office.  I work from home, so I pretty much spent most of my time in that room with her.  When I came home from the vet and stepped into that room, I broke down crying and couldn't stop.  I can't bear the thought of not having her in my life any longer.  This is going to be a difficult work week.  I'll be looking over at her empty bed, and trying not to burst into tears. 

Foxy 6.jpg 

Andrea Miara
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
I’m so sorry Amiara! I truly know the pain you’re feeling, it’s devestating. What a beautiful cat Foxy is and those eyes. I can feel the silky fur from the picture. I’m sorry this is so hard, the loss is unbearably strong. You are surrounded by others going through the same struggle and even though we search for our own way down this excruciating path we’ll reach out, to comfort and offer our kindness, we’ll lift each other up and cry with and for you. Be extra good to yourself your grief is fresh, and raw, I hope you find some peace through the nite, write often, it does help,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Sil
Amiara,  I am truly sorry for your loss of Foxy.  I feel your pain.  Those first days are really, really hard.  Foxy was your silky companion, your fur baby and her absence is painful.  There's so many words to describe our grief, but not enough words to diminish it.  Foxy is precious with those beautiful eager trusting eyes - is, because, Foxy will forever live in your heart.

In this forum, you will find so many people filled with compassion and empathy, because each of us have suffered the loss of a beloved pet. Hugs
Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
Amiara-  The picture you posted of your Foxy shows a beautiful creature with a loving personality.  It is easy to understand why you would be devastated about losing her.  A relationship with one of these special animals is so intense and the grief over their death profound.   You were with her day and night for 18 years so she was really part of you.  For the next few weeks it will be hard to spend time in your home office without your beloved companion.  I understand completely.  When my dachshund boy, Brandon, died at the end of March I found that I could not stand to walk into my sewing room.  For the last 50 years I have delighted in sewing and quilting, especially for the last 10 years as I now have many hours a day to devote to my favorite hobby.  It was about 4 weeks before I could begin to enjoy it again.  
You are among friends here.  I found this forum a safe and welcoming place to grieve for my beloved Brandon.  At first I thought I was going crazy.  i would cry many times during the day and wake up every night with anxiety attacks.  Now I realize this is all normal, not that this makes it any easier.  I am sorry for your loss and hope you will be able to find peace. -Dachsiemom
Moira - remembering Brandon
"Better lo'ed ye canna be. Will ye no' come back again?"
Quote 0 0
Ginger4256
Amiara
I m sorry for your loss. She is beautiful.
It's been almost 8 weeks since I lost my Boo. I still cry everyday so it's absolutely normal the way you feel. Getting used to her not being there is going to be the hardest. I'm still not used to Boo being gone.
Take your time grieving. She wasn't just an animal to you. She is family.
Keep coming to the forum. It really helps to be with others that are feeling the same pain.
Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
amiara
Thank you all for your kind words.  I know I'm not alone in my pain- many others are going through the same thing.  The emptiness we feel when our fur-babies leave us truly is profound.  A friend emailed me this morning with a fitting quote: "When you get a pet, you are making a pact with sadness."  
Andrea Miara
Quote 0 0
Bella1Home
She is truly a beautiful cat.  For me, the best thing I think of is that I am relieving the pain my pets are in and that gives me some solace, but does not take away the tears or the missing
them.

My outdoor stray was a healing balm for me at a bad time in my life and the fact that 
someone left her behind or put her out was abominable.  She was the gentlest, 
sweetest cat I've ever known and gave me miracles.

Unfortunately, even though she followed me in the house....she turned and ran
the minute she saw the kitchen tables and chairs.  I guess she liked all her green
spaces.  When she came to me she was already about 5 yo.  

CVS makes matted photos and I had her picture matted on an 8 x 11 canvas and
her beautiful eyes look at me every night.  I, also, have 2 others around in frames.

That was 1-1/2 years ago now.  Now it is my indoor cat that is gone.  I am beginning to
feel better since Friday.

Thank you all for listening.  
Quote 0 0
MontysMom
I had to put my beloved feline companion of 16 years down on Saturday as well. It really helps to talk to people and let it out, especially with other pet lovers who have experienced the same. I just made a post to everyone, and in a few days, you may find some comfort from it. Cry when you need to. We are here too.
Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
Amiara-  I know what you mean about the pact with sadness.  I got Brandon 15 years ago when I was 49.  At that point I had already experienced two devastating losses, an orange tabby cat who died when I was 36, followed by a shetland sheepdog who died when I was 48.  And yet I bonded with my new puppy immediately, full of new hope, with no thought that  the relationship would ever have to end.  He would be my fur-ever dog!    Alas, this is not how nature works.  When Brandon died in March I was, like you, utterly devastated.  Brandon was my heart's delight.  I loved him so much, and then he was gone.   Now, three months later, I have put a deposit on a puppy who was born 2 weeks ago.  If all goes well I will bring him home in August.  Once again I will experience joy and hope.  I am older now, but not much wiser.  -Dachsiemom
Moira - remembering Brandon
"Better lo'ed ye canna be. Will ye no' come back again?"
Quote 0 0