Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
opaqueblue

Reply with quote  #16 
To all here who have have responded to me, thank you so much. I just have 1 question : What is the candlelight service? What goes on during the service? What time is it held at? I guess that was 3 questions,...my bad?

Reply with quote  #17 
Hi again Opaqueblue,
Thank you for replying back.  I know how much you are hurting.  I know how much the loss of our sweet pets hurts.  It is very difficult.  Just so you know I am a woman about your age.
I have pulled away from people too as I have the need to isolate myself.  Maybe because of the grief but also the anxiety and depression.  I don't think people want to hear about it anymore.  My dog Dickens made my life complete.  He made everything else better.  I don't think anyone knows what else to say to me anymore.   You have really been through a lot in your life and I'm sorry for that.  It sounds so painful.   I'm so sorry.  You bring up an interesting topic, that of being an empath.  I had never heard of that but now that you describe what one is I think I also am one.  And you're right, after people get what they want from us they drop us.  I think that's why I gravitate to animals and why pets mean so much to me.  Unfortunately our pets don't live long enough.  I hope you find at least one person in your life that you could call for help.  Also please keep writing and letting us all know how you are doing.  I think it helps us all to be able to vent our feelings to those who understand.   Could you let me know what anti anxiety medication you are on?  I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
skmk

opaqueblue

Reply with quote  #18 
skmk <http://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/profile/5920730>, again, thank you for your very kind words. No, many people have never heard of "empath " and therein lies a problem. I have been in and out of counselling since the ripe old age of 9 ( the home I grew up in was, um , questionable ) I have also been in much counselling due to my "special needs" children ( needed counselling both for myself as a parent of special needs, and for how to care for special needs children ) .I have also been in counselling because of marriage problems etc. I learned of this years ago from a Fullbright Scholar ( a counselor who is so well known in his field that he / she travels the world for about 6 weeks a year teaching others ) who explained this to me. Since then , others have explained it to me and pointed out that I am an empath. It's really very interesting , and there are many good internet sites out there , but some to be beware of too.
Medications? Hmmm, I have been on EVERY single anti depressant, anti psychotic, and such, I warn you, they come with many side effects. The main anti anxiety medication I have been on for over 30 years is Klonopin . At one time I was so bad , I was on 6 mg. a day. Now I'm off of all psyche meds except Klonopin. I only take 1 mg in the am per day. It IS addictive, soif you ask your doctor about it, be sure to look it up online and read about it. Those sheets that come with the prescriptions are SOOO hard to understand! I wish you the very best hun, and thank you again for your kind words. Please feel free to "talk " to me any time you need to !

Jesus take the wheel !

Reply with quote  #19 
opaqueblue...........The candle lighting is held every Monday (6pm west-9pm eastern).  You can have 3 candles to light (at your side) but their not necessary.  On the other hand if you don't have any at the time just say "Can anyone light a candle for me" and you'll get a bunch of "Yes's".  There's 3 parts.  The first candle is for you to post any memories you have, second candle is for prayers for your baby(s), and the third is for general prayers/blessings.  The ceremony has no real religious overtones.  Oh, you can also post pictures if you'd like.  We're using a "new" site so that was all new to me this past Monday.  It took me two weeks to fingure out that to post what you want to say, you have to hit "enter" on your kepboard (who knew) LOL, so just a heads up when you come by.  It last about a half hour.  Some of us have been there years and other's show up for the first time.  It may seem a bit chaotic but please don't feel put off by it.  You'll catch on sooner then you think.  We have had people leave because they didn't approve, but we're their for each other and crazy or not we need each other.  Nothing you say will be looked down on, or if you mention how you feel; no one will say "Get over it".  Your wanted there I promise.  And it's all right to say nothing, there have been times I just sit here reading other peoples post (at the candle lighting) and cry.  So if you want to say something that's great, if not thats fine too.  Basically it's a bunch of people with broken hearts that meet up on Mondays; our version of AA maybe(???)  So, if you'd like to show up next Monday I'll be there along with a lot of other's to hold your hand.  I'll warn you though, you might just continue to show up every Monday (LOL)...............danzey  
opaqueblue

Reply with quote  #20 
danzey,... Thank you for your response to my question,... 1 more question. Do I still click on the link to candle light service , or is there a new link that's not on the Rainbow Bridge site?

Reply with quote  #21 
I am so sorry. I know your pain. I also know the pain of an unsupportive family. Daybydaypetsupport.com has a hotline if you need to talk with someone about your grief.

Reply with quote  #22 
Opaqueblue,  please accept my deepest condolences.   Just remember, you are not alone..  Pretty much everyone on this thread has experienced great trauma and heartache at the loss of one their best friends in life. 
I want you know that there is hope for the future.   The Lord gives us this hope through his death on the Cross.    Never forget that The Almighty was there when Remmie took his last breath and he has not forgot him.
The Lord is even aware when a sparrow falls to the ground and don't forget Noah's Ark.   The Lord loves animals, so be encouraged today in The Lord and hold your head up and encourage others with these truths.  You can do it!
opaqueblue

Reply with quote  #23 
Thank you, but I can't calling distance :)

Reply with quote  #24 
opaqueblue..........I just click on the "thing" they have here on this site.  Check it out before Monday , just in case you have to sign up/in.  I actually can't remember if that's something you have to do.  See you Monday...................danzey
Mistysmama

Reply with quote  #25 
My kindest thoughts and prayers for you opaqueblue, and for dear Remmie's Soul, which I can say is already filled with Love. I am sure she will reach out to you yet. Their Hearts overflow with Love, where they are now.

May you find some respite from the awful pain, and know that she will not forget you,  or the bond you share. 
God bless.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
twodogmom

Reply with quote  #26 
Dear opaqueblue,

Your loss of Remmie is monumental to you; he/she was your only source of love and companionship. It is only natural that you would mourn, and even be angry about, this loss. While you had Remmie, you could tolerate all the problems in your life, but your only bright spot is gone, and now you feel like all hell has broken loose inside of you. Please accept my sympathy for your loss, and as others have said, you are not alone. 

I understand what it is like to have emotions and no outlet for them. What I have found, over time, at least for me, is that putting these feelings into descriptive words is very therapeutic in resolving them. There are a couple of ways to do this alone. One is to write down your thoughts and feelings. It can be in the form of a letter (that you never mail) to someone who has hurt or disappointed you. Tell them exactly how you feel, don't hold anything back. You may not experience immediate relief but I believe that over time, this will help you to feel better. Shred or burn the papers. This may allow you to feel you have ended or dealt with the feelings expressed.

The other thing you can do is simply speak your truth. Pretend that the offending person is sitting next to you. Tell them, aloud, how you feel and what they did to contribute to your hurt.

It sounds like you have plenty of time home alone. In addition to the above, allow yourself to cry and express your hurt, to God and to yourself. Be good to yourself, as it sounds like no one else is providing that for you.

You are in my prayers. I hope you will find some comfort and peace, both for your loss of Remmie, and for loss of the family and community that you feel have failed you.

Jan

COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzey
opaqueblue..........You have had so many replies from so many caring people, that I'm not going to even try and compete.  What I do want to say to you opaqueblue is to please consider coming to the Monday Night (Online) Candle lighting that they have on this site.  I'm there every Monday, and so are a lot of other (caring) people.  We're all very close and we're just waiting for you (we need you) just as much as you (might) need us.  I promise you that you will not feel like a stranger (not even the first time you show up .....I promise.  We all understand, and we all care even if no one else does.  Think of it this way; you'll have at least one day a week where everybody will understand what your going through.  I'm on my way there now, I hope I "see you" there, if not this Monday then maybe next Monday..................danzey
COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #28 
SPARKY'S MOMMY JOAN. MY PRECIOUSFEATHER BABY COCKATIEL PASSED DECEMBER 28TH OF 2O17 AND WAS BORN FEBRUARY 14TH OF 1989 28 YEARSAND TEN AND A HALF MONTHS OLD I AM IN THE SAME MISERABLE SITUATION YOU ARE WUTH AN EMOTIONLESS HUSBAND IT IS SELFISH AND HURTS
MY ADULT CHILDREN ALSO ARE NOT IN MY LIFE

I AM 21 MONTHS NO EXCUSES IT IS SELFISH OF YOUR HUSBAND

WRITE ANY TIME VISIT SPARKY'S RAINBOW. BRIDGE MEMORIAL HOMR AND SEND THELINK FOR REMMIE SHARE PHOTOS PLEASE SHARE PHOTOS LO RAND HUGS AND SPARKY SPIRIT AND REMMIE ARE SAFE AND WARM AND WATCHING OVER EACH OTHER
opaqueblue

Reply with quote  #29 
COOKIES4 <http://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/profile/5790674>, I'm sorry , I just saw your post today ( Tuesday ) , please clarify what your post is saying, it is a bit jumbled for me to read ! Thank you !
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.