RemysMom Show full post »
BoxerMomForever
RemysMom - Love the photos - he was a handsome boy.  Photos always helped me with the grieving.  I made a collage frame of my two girls, who have passed, Ginger and Lily. I look at it every day as a remembrance and how special they were and still are. Lily, the white boxer was my heart dog, we had a special connection.  I understand how you feel E911C01A-178A-42A7-98C9-F3FAFC9CF7FE.jpeg  , I took this loss very hard more than any other loss.  I hope you don’t mind me sharing the photo. 
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
Quincysmomma
Remysmom,

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss...I understand the pain you are going through.  We had to say goodbye to our Quincy a little over a week ago and I am so heartbroken and sad that I am worried I will never be the same.  I relate to what you were saying about your Remy showing signs that the time was coming.  Our Quincy started having seizures a month before we lost him and the hard part is that he actually recovered from the seizures and we had them under control but then basically his whole little body gave out on him.  He did not deserve any of that and I still feel a tremendous amount of guilt.  My husband told me that remembering him on his last day or that month before as he was getting sick is not how he would want to be remembered because he was a spunky little guy.  Hugs to you...
Quote 0 0
RemysMom
It has been one week nearly to the minute. I lit a candle and kissed the scratch marks you left behind on the window sill where you happily laid and watched the world. I miss you so much. I cry every day still. You would be in such heaven right now. Schools are now closed until late April and possibly for the rest of the year. I am working from home and not allowed to really leave. One of my students asked to see you today on our video chat and I had to gently break the news. It was sunny today and I couldn’t help but think how much you would have enjoyed being outside sniffing the air and watching the critters. I miss your prance and bow every time the leash came out as if you needed to both release excitement and properly stretch at the same time. I miss playing with you and how I long to ask “Remy, do you want dinner?” To watch you excitedly run to your bowl. There was no food item you wouldn’t gobble, even veggies! I still instinctively leave part of my dinner on the plate if it’s doggy-friendly and I now have to remember that when I drop food pieces on the floor that I actually have to pick them up. I hope whenever you are that you are happy. I haven’t been able to bring myself to clean the house because I’m not ready to start erasing your presence here. You will always have a place in my heart forever and always. So to my baby, beeboo, Beebs, Remsin, Remsa, Remysaurus Rex, or bee-bee-q...., my girl who had so many nicknames that she basically answered to anything.... please know that you will never be forgotten. I learned so much from you and you definitely took a huge piece of my heart with you. I love you. 
My most beautiful Golden Retriever Remy: 8/1/09-3/17/2020. 
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
RemysMom,
I can totally relate to what you are saying.  We had many nicknames for Cody too.  So many of them that are so unlike his real name that we wonder how we ever started using them.  Bobs, Bobbie, baby boy, floofer sausage (courtesy of my daughter), hundred and two, mommas love, Codeeees, Bunny, fella, dingle ball, Coco, Bean boy.  Just thinking about them makes me cry. We made up silly songs we used to sing to him too.  They are such a huge parts of our lives.  Do you want your good snacking?  Do you want to go for a walk?.  You are such a good boy.  All things I wish I could say to his face instead of to the empty room, his picture or his blanket.  I will never forget you my good boy.  I love you so very very much.  My heart aches for you.  Someday hopefully we will all be reunited with our loves and our hearts will be whole once again. 

Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
Shark88
So sorry for your loss.   Just like you, The Lord does care for animals and your Remy is now in The Almighty's Animal Kingdom.
You did the best you could under the circumstances and you also spared Remy much pain and suffering.   Trust The Lord that
someday you will get to see your beloved Remy again.  What a day it will be!
Quote 0 0
Heartbroken73
I know exactly what you mean I feel the same way..how's my ole man how's my jazzy boy Aww what are you up too big guy how's my big black bear my gentle giant and many more I could write but the loss is too much so won't..its been a week for me too and it hasn't got much better.. I see him all around waiting for his turn to walk or to be fed or for me to return or awake and his day started.. Remy brought to you a happiness and now loss I can't relate all too well.. I wish I couldn't sometimes but he was too much a part of me not too feel the plethora of emotions and kiss I feel now..your girls we're beautiful and I'm sorry you lost remy the way you did it def makes it harder on the soul.. I lost mine in a very similar way unexpected and with incompetence along the way at no diagnosis but a hyoerextension and follow up visit in which now I blame myself in all I've come to learn since cuz it was my job to give that happy ending and so important to me as his story later when I have the strength to tell it and share it happens..I don't have anything to focus on with my baby gone never mind replace him or find that happy somewhere.. I hope you know you are not alone in how you feel in a way with this week we share a kinship tho one we would rather not..I'd love to hear more on Remy when your up to it and your story because with all our love and hearts for them there always is one..I hope I really do that both Remy and Jazzy are in a place waiting for our arrivals again not to start the day again but to spend forever and happy
George king
Quote 1 0
BorderCollieLover
Katie:
  Just checking in to see how you are doing. Feel free to reach out to us. We're all here for you. We all understand.

Warmest regards,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
RemysMom

Hello all,

I still miss my Remy every day but I believe the pandemic and having to provide online education with practically no notice has been a huge helping distraction. I am starting to learn what helps me and what doesn’t. Last night, I had a dream about her. It was an odd dream, though. In it, I knew she had passed on but it was like she was coming to visit me. We were in a sort of public transport station at a bench like in a train station or something. I petted her and talked to her but when I went to go take a picture with her I realized that she was invisible in the picture because she was a spirit. Waking up from that both rattled me and comforted me. I am choosing to believe that it was the sign I was asking her for that she forgives me for not realizing she was at the end and for not being able to say goodbye and also letting me know that she is happy now. 

It has definitely been hard to have an empty house because it feels everywhere I turn on social media, there are people posting pictures of them newly working from home with their dogs. Lots of people are walking by my house walking their dogs all day as well. I decided to reach out to a rescue agency about fostering. I figure it will also help to show me what I am and am not ready for while also temporarily helping a dog on their journey. It makes me feel a little better to know it’s not permanent. I am supposed to hear back from them today and I’m still not sure if it’s a good idea or not. I suppose time will tell (if they even approve me!). If they don’t, well then it’s probably for the best. 

This site has been a tremendous help - both reading about others and getting my thoughts sorted. You are all correct, we will see them again and we did the best we could. Below is a pic of me and my girl last summer  She was such a happy girl. I have no idea why all my pics come up sideways though...7D21FE08-BE53-4165-A3E6-315C6FD28EDE.jpeg 

My most beautiful Golden Retriever Remy: 8/1/09-3/17/2020. 
Quote 1 0
codysmum102
Remysmom,
What an awesome picture!  I wasn't sure if I could foster either but decided to do it because like you said it's not permanent.  It has been a blessing.  After my cat, Moneypenny passed in 2017 and now Cody passing, we didn't have any animals in the house except for my guinea pig (which nothing against him but he's not really that engagin). Anyway, I missed being a pet mommy but I didn't know if at this early stage
(almost 9 weeks since Cody passed) I was ready for another pet.  I figured fostering was a good way to find out.  I've fostered before, kittens and mom cats with kittens but never kept them because I had Cody and he was all I needed.  Now with the empty house, me being at home all day because I'm retired, stuck in the house all day because of COVID19 I needed some furbabies.  After fostering my 2 baby girls for a month I knew I was ready to let them into my life permanently.  Although they will never be Cody or Moneypenny they make us smile and laugh and that is definitely helping.  I will always miss my other babies and these girls will never take their place but I guess I am just the type of person that needs an animal to be complete. One of my kitties, the orange one, Sadie, is already a lap kitty so that is a real plus.  The calico is Sofie, who will occasional take a nap on me but likes her space. When you foster you get to know the personalities of the animals so that you know if that is the type of pet that works for you.  I hope you are able to find a foster(s) because I think it will help you
through this terrible time.  Good luck!
Collagekitties.jpg
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
Remys Mom, what a beautiful photo!  Yes that was a sign from her definitely.  Letting you know she’s okay.  Good luck with the rescue.  I keep thinking about doing that, but not sure we’re ready.......weird I dreamed  we had a new puppy last night.   I have been dreaming of both my girls lately as well. 
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
Eileennellie
Remy is a beautiful dog, and I 100% feel you did the right thing for her. I know it's really hard dealing with this while pregnant, too. I lost my 8 1/2 year old Doberman, Dobie Gillis, unexpectedly and suddenly,when I was almost 6 months pregnant. I then lost my 12 1/2 year old female, Paris, ( we had to euthanize her) when I was 8 months pregnant. It was a very, very rough time. But I feel better knowing that neither of them suffered, and making that choice for Paris was far easier than losing Dobie out of nowhere. He had a fatal heart arrhythmia and was gone before he hit the ground. It does get easier, or at least you get used to them not being with you anymore. I don't know if I will ever be able to have another female Doberman, Paris was with me from age 25 to 37, and I doubt anyone could live up to her. But we waned to get a Doberman for our  son, and exactly two years later, we stumbled on our Mooncake, and he is a wonderful dog. I don't feel the same bond with him as did with "my" dogs, but I love him and he is a great family pet. I found that looking at pictures a lot helped me, the happy memories will always be there. I think fostering is a great idea, helping other animals will make you feel better, and it's a great thing to do. I wish we could have foster kitties! 4 is not enough😸😻😸😻
Quote 0 0