Hope_1
Hey everyone, 
I lost my bunny of 9 years, 2 days ago unexpectedly at the vet. We were getting her teeth trimmed like we normally do every month. We let her free roam in the house and she did as she pleased. She was a tough girl, even fought a fungus in her brain and made a swift recovery. She was very loving and caring and she knew how much my family adored her. But her teeth grew rapidly because she was very picky and only liked leafy greens and not her hay. So we would take her to the vet every month. She had a heart attack this time and didn’t make it back, the vet did everything in her power even giving her mouth to mouth, injected her with adrenaline and CPR. Unfortunately it wasn’t enough to save my baby. I am overly depressed and having a rough time dealing with the situation, my mom isn’t taking it well and is either finding ways to blame her self or the vet. I keep trying to reassure her, it was her time and she’s in a better place now and it’s no ones fault. Please I am reaching out for all of your support and advice at this time as I mourn over my baby.
Ash Francis
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Ash Francis,

I am very sorry for your and your mom's loss of your sweet, bunny. Clearly she was very much loved and well cared for. I'm sure she had a wonderful life roaming your house, and doing and eating what she pleased. Taking her to the vet every month shows how much you were committed to her well being.

Our pets bring us so much joy and love. They seem to reach a special part of our hearts and it is heartbreaking when they leave us.

There are many wonderful and compassionate people here who understand your pain. It can help to share feelings, stories and pictures of your bunny when/if you feel up to it.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 2 0
Hope_1
Thank you Jan it means a lot, I’m still grieving and it’s hard to even enter my living room without thinking of her beautiful face... this is definitely by far one of the toughest battles I’ve encountered in my life. Not a second goes without me thinking of her.
Ash Francis
Quote 0 0
Pennysforevermom
Ash Francis,

I'm so sorry about your baby. I totally understand the how you feel because my baby passed away Saturday at the vet. She had congestive heart failure. You are a loving pet parent and gave her a good life. We just have to take one day at a time. It's really hard because we are so in love with them. Trust me, I get it. The sudden loss is traumatic.
Quote 1 0
Hope_1
I’m so sorry for your loss it breaks my heart just writing these messages. I want you to know that you’re not alone and if feels good to get support from all of you knowing that I’m also not alone. Are you hanging in there ? Any advice you can maybe give me this is my first and only pet I’ve ever had but I never even considered her as a pet she was like my daughter.. I feel guilt but I know heart attacks and problems are common for small animals like rabbits.. 
Ash Francis
Quote 0 0
Pennysforevermom
I'm taking one day at a time but it's really hard. Penny was my first furbaby...the cutest doggie in the world. I'm reading books about pet loss and heaven which is really helping. I've never been down this road before either, but reading books and reading others posts in this forum has really helped. I'm praying for your healing as well. We lost our babies the same way so I know how you feel. It's really hard.
Quote 1 0
Hope_1
Thanks that means a lot, praying for you as well. I will try and take up some reading at this time. I need to ease my mind although it’s very difficult, I’m trying to stay strong like you. 
Ash Francis
Quote 0 0
kikis_mom_1118
I am sorry for the loss of your beloved Willis who was more than a pet but a family member who was well loved and taken care of. I know that it is more painful when it is unexpected. I pray for peace and comfort for you and your family and keep coming here to write out how you feel. It does help and eventually you will be strong enough to encourage someone else going through the same thing.
Quote 1 0
Hope_1
Thank you so much for the support during such a hard time, it really gives me hope that I will get past and forward as I’m struggling. You guys are all truly amazing. 
Ash Francis
Quote 0 0
Molly4always
I’m so sorry for the loss of your bunny.  I was blessed to have 3 bunnies at various times in my life.  I lost them at different times but all were about the same age as yours.  I think it was probably her time to go; 9 is a long life for a rabbit. You did nothing wrong; your feelings are caused by grief and your great love for her. We’ve all felt the way you’re feeling now. And know what it’s like to have them taken from us so suddenly.  Your life changes in an instant.

At first you can’t help but dwell on how you lost her, but soon I hope you’ll be able to remember more of her and her special ways. I think bunnies are the cutest and sweetest creatures and smart, too.  I had no idea when I got my first one just how special they are.  I’m sure your bunny was special, too.
Quote 1 0
Pisiciul
Dear Hope_1, it's so sad to read your story, especially since I lost my boy in pretty much similar conditions. His heart stopped after a necessary visit at the vet. CPR and then tears did not help.  I feel your pain and I wish I had a good advice for you.

It's been over a week for me here and the only things that helps really... is crying. Every day will be slightly better and you will cry less. You will learn to smile again. Watch some silly comedy movies, don't listen to the news nowadays, it's a very difficult period both indoor or outdoor. I only talk to my husband and my mom,  as for the rest of my friends and family - I resume to text messages, asking them to understand my grief and give me time. They all understand. Don't force yourself on doing anything you don't feel like. In time, you will get back to your routine but there's no rush yet.  

From all the toys and beds I only kept one colorful ball and 2 beds, one near my chair. I consider them the three items he would want in case he's still around somehow. When it's very very hard and I feel like suffocating for not seeing him anywhere, I trick my mind and persuade myself he's in the other room sleeping. Always in the other room, no matter in which room I am. It's not a long-term solution, but it might help you breath these days. Don't look for him. Just "let him sleep" even if he's not on sight. 

Try to stay strong for yourself and for your family. Your girl wouldn't want you to be so sad now. Hugs
Pisiciul
Quote 1 0
Hope_1
I’m sorry for your loss, I already know what your feeling. You’re not alone and I joined this group to help and heal others along with myself. In my house I try avoid the living room because that was where she would always roam and sleep.. I’m taking it day by day and trying to convince myself she is in a better place. Thank you for your support , you don’t understand how much better I feel signing in to all your positive messages. It has truly helped me a lot.. we all share one thing and that is unconditional love for our babies. I will never forget her, I think about her every minute of the day.. I just hope she knows how much she was loved and adored.
Ash Francis
Quote 0 0