The5ofus
I took our 14 year old Pug, Frank, to the vet on Friday. April 18th as we noticed he had been slowing down. Not moving around very well and had a growth along his spine. The visit due to the Coronavirus was done curbside. They took Frank in and then the Vet came out and told me Frank had a large mass in his spleen that appeared to Hve ruptured and had massive internal bleeding. she said he would either have to have surgery or be put down. She didn't think he would be a good candidate for surgery. I was not prepared to hear anythi g like that. I asked if we could wait until Monday, she said ko it would have to be that dY or the next day. we opted to do it on Saturday so we would have time to say goodbye. I feel so bad, because this dog who counted on me and brought so much happiness and love to our family, I had to take him in to go to sleep. The big blessing is he went so peacefully and gently. But I feel so guilty and in shock. I dont know how we are going to make it without him. He followed me everywhere, was with me morning, noon and night. He worshipped my son and had so much fun with my husband. Our other Pug at home is so lost. Some moments I am ok knowing Fank is free from pain, other moments I feel like I lost a part of me and I feel so guilty for having him out under. I am still in shock. How can I get through this?
Quote 0 0
Mar
I'm so sorry for your loss, it is a painful situation that we have to deal with..the guilt will be there, but just know that you did everything out of love. You didn't know this was going to happen, you did what was best for him ,so he wouldn't be in pain. Like  you said he went peacefully. We are always going to question ourselves,but down deep inside we know it was the best thing to be done. It's hard after they're physically gone, something we didn't expect to happen, becomes our reality. We find ourselves lost in grief and mixed emotions, it takes time to heal..it's been a month since, my baby Pixie passed and I'm still grieving. Take your time and cry all you need, relieve stress and everything you have inside. You're not alone..there's alot of good people here in this forum that can help..take care ,what you did was out of love  for your baby,find comfort in all the love and sweet memories you shared. I will keep you in my prayers 🙏🌈🐕🐈💔
Blessings 
Quote 0 0
Buddy_Mama
I'm so very sorry about your Frank. I know exactly what you're feeling... those waves of shock, sadness, guilt, pain seem endless. Please remember that everything you're feeling is normal. And like Mar said, you did everything from love, so that he wouldn't suffer. It's clear that you and your family gave Frank a wonderful life filled with love. Keep that in mind - and know that you're not alone. All of us here are going through what you are, and we're here to listen and support you. I had a hard time eating and sleeping when I lost my Buddy on March 7; please make sure you're eating, sleeping, and being good to yourself. Take it one day, and even one hour, at a time. Sending you hugs...
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 0 0
Pecan_mom
I’m so sorry for your loss.  Our sweet dog Pecan passed away unexpectedly on March 20th. Yesterday would have been her 9th Birthday.   I feel your pain. I understand the shock and the guilt but please be kind to yourself as it was not your fault.  Frank was clearly loved by all of you and he loved you unconditionally.  Please give yourself time.  Remember he wants you to be happy.  I believe when they love us so much they hide their illness so they can be with us until the very end.  I don’t know the exact cause of Pecan’s death (it happened so fast.  She passed as soon as we got to the emergency) but I believe she hid her illness as she was happy and healthy all day to be with us until the end.  I know how hard and shocking it is but at least they didn’t have to go through surgery, medications, and pain. Please take care of yourself and know that we are all here for you. 
Sp
Quote 1 0
The5ofus
Thank you all for your kind words, it helps to know that there is support and understanding out there.
Quote 1 0