Cassondrajones243
I’ve never been so heart broken. I woke up yesterday around 8am and heard my cat Mr.Pickles downstairs meow and before I could get up and go find him I just hear the loudest most distsressed and long scream/meow and I sprinted down the stairs and made it just in time for him to look at me and then he just fell over on his side and I watched his pupils get bigger and his body go limb and his tounge fall out his mouth and I just screamed and new my baby just passed away. I’ve never been so shocked in my life...he was only about 10 years old and always took him to his rountine vet appointments for check ups and everything always came back normal and healthy. My dad also goes to work early around 6:30am and said he was acting totally normal and they did their normal rountine and my dad fed him and went to work. So Why why why did my baby have to go like that? I’m trying to find peace with knowing that he didn’t suffer because he was never sick and it was just one loud last gasp for air and then he passed.. and also knowing that he knew I was right next to him when he went to heaven. So my Mr.Pickles was a pure breed Persian cat and after doing a crap ton of research after looking for answers and talking to every vet in my town.. everything came back to blood clot or heart attack. I’ve NEVER thought about a cat dying from that.. let alone my own. It also mentioned online that Persians are susebtable to being born with a deformed heart and also males are more prone to blood clots or something. I’m wondering if ANYONE has ever experienced something like this? I’ve read a couple stories somewhat similar but just wanted to share mine and see if anyone has something similar. He was my entire world and pride and joy.. I’m so heartbroken it hurts. Prayers are needed🙏🏼 God bless anyone who took the time to read this.
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I am so, so sorry for the awful shock and heartbreaking loss of  your precious Mr. Pickles, Cassondra. An absolutely gorgeous boy!  What a terrible thing, and I know the hurt feels unbearable. My heart goes out to you very, very much.

You've found a good place here, full of compassionate people who understand. I hope you'll write as much as you need to. Take good care of yourself while your heart is so raw.  Wishing you comfort, peace and relief.  Again, I'm just so sorry this happened. 

Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 1 0
latigresse
I'm so sorry about your loss of Mr. Pickles. He was really beautiful and I am heartbroken for you. Years ago, another friend of mine lost her cat in a similar way to what you describe happened to Mr. Pickles. The Vet told her he had a stroke and it was also something that came out of the blue. 

I hope that you will find solace and comfort here. We all understand what it is to lose a beloved pet and we are all still grieving the loss of ours.

Sending you lots of hugs (((((())))))
Love is Forever
Quote 0 0
Twocats2love
Dear Cassondra,
I too believe my cat died suddenly from a heart attack.  I got up in the morning and he and I did our normal routine and as I was putting my make up, I heard a loud thud.  I thought it was my two cats playing so I yelled 'BOYS!' and finished up getting ready.  Approx 10min later I walked out to find my kitty lying down with his tongue sticking out.  At first I thought he died from a broken neck after jumping off his perch and into a cabinet.  The scene, and his history of jumping off the perch, made me think this.  As I began to tell my story, and read messages on this forum, and now your story, I now think it was a sudden heart attack.

My question I keep replaying in my mind is, why the 'thud' sound?  I imagine him dying traumatically, yet, I am told that he probably died fast, without pain.  No matter how he died, the fact is that he is gone.  My sweet, 7 year old baby is gone.  Here one minute and gone the next, with no goodbyes, no kisses.

My kitty, Yin, died at the age of 7 years old.  1 week before his 8th birthday.  he leaves behind his brother Yang, and two parents (mostly mommy) who are devastated and can't breathe.

I am sending you hugs from far away and am very sorry for your loss.  Your kitty was beautiful! 

Yin.jpg   
Kitty lover
Quote 0 0
Cassondrajones243
Your baby yin is so beautiful! I am so very sorry for your loss.
But I thank you for sharing your story with me. I am
Beating my self up over if I could of done something differently but I literally had maybe 10 seconds to react and then my sweet boy was gone. And I couldn’t get my self do to an autopsy because I just wanted to put him to Rest In Peace and doing an autopsy isn’t even guaranteed answers.. so knowing that this wasn’t some freak accident Is somewhat relieving to my mind. And I’m just trying to think about how he didn’t suffer and I was right next to him when he died. I literally feel like my heart is broken and hurting he was my everything and for me to lose him so suddenly is just killing me..

Twocats2love wrote:
Dear Cassondra,
I too believe my cat died suddenly from a heart attack.  I got up in the morning and he and I did our normal routine and as I was putting my make up, I heard a loud thud.  I thought it was my two cats playing so I yelled 'BOYS!' and finished up getting ready.  Approx 10min later I walked out to find my kitty lying down with his tongue sticking out.  At first I thought he died from a broken neck after jumping off his perch and into a cabinet.  The scene, and his history of jumping off the perch, made me think this.  As I began to tell my story, and read messages on this forum, and now your story, I now think it was a sudden heart attack.

My question I keep replaying in my mind is, why the 'thud' sound?  I imagine him dying traumatically, yet, I am told that he probably died fast, without pain.  No matter how he died, the fact is that he is gone.  My sweet, 7 year old baby is gone.  Here one minute and gone the next, with no goodbyes, no kisses.

My kitty, Yin, died at the age of 7 years old.  1 week before his 8th birthday.  he leaves behind his brother Yang, and two parents (mostly mommy) who are devastated and can't breathe.

I am sending you hugs from far away and am very sorry for your loss.  Your kitty was beautiful! 

Yin.jpg   
Quote 0 0
Twocats2love
I began rubbing his chest, thinking I was stimulating his heart and then I picked him up and opened his mouth and gave a breath. I am so upset that I didn’t know how to perform CPR on a cat. I know on a human.

A few days later I goggled it because I wanted to know. There should be more information out there as to this topic. I also ready that heart attacks in cats are uncommon, yet I’ve heard many stories.

My pain is like waves. Some days the waves are big and crashing and other days they are slow, but always there. I am considering going to a medium to talk to him. I just hope he knows how much I loved him and miss him.
I attached a photo of his brother. They were named Yin and Yang. 💕💕💕
Kitty lover
Quote 0 0
Simon
Cassondrajones243 wrote:
I’ve never been so heart broken. I woke up yesterday around 8am and heard my cat Mr.Pickles downstairs meow and before I could get up and go find him I just hear the loudest most distsressed and long scream/meow and I sprinted down the stairs and made it just in time for him to look at me and then he just fell over on his side and I watched his pupils get bigger and his body go limb and his tounge fall out his mouth and I just screamed and new my baby just passed away. I’ve never been so shocked in my life...he was only about 10 years old and always took him to his rountine vet appointments for check ups and everything always came back normal and healthy. My dad also goes to work early around 6:30am and said he was acting totally normal and they did their normal rountine and my dad fed him and went to work. So Why why why did my baby have to go like that? I’m trying to find peace with knowing that he didn’t suffer because he was never sick and it was just one loud last gasp for air and then he passed.. and also knowing that he knew I was right next to him when he went to heaven. So my Mr.Pickles was a pure breed Persian cat and after doing a crap ton of research after looking for answers and talking to every vet in my town.. everything came back to blood clot or heart attack. I’ve NEVER thought about a cat dying from that.. let alone my own. It also mentioned online that Persians are susebtable to being born with a deformed heart and also males are more prone to blood clots or something. I’m wondering if ANYONE has ever experienced something like this? I’ve read a couple stories somewhat similar but just wanted to share mine and see if anyone has something similar. He was my entire world and pride and joy.. I’m so heartbroken it hurts. Prayers are needed🙏🏼 God bless anyone who took the time to read this.
Quote 0 0
Simon
Hello everyone. I am so so sorry for your sudden losses. My heart cries for you. What gorgeous photos of your kitties. My baby boy Simon was about black and white Beauty as well. I had a similar experience. My Simon was sneezing so I brought him to the vet for a checkup. They gave him an antibiotic shot to prevent a respiratory infection. Then he was okay, then 2 weeks later he started sneezing excessively. I called the vet to make an appointment for the next day. Other than that Simon was healthy, happy, playful, eating and drinking. Nothing else with his health was suspicious. I came home from work and he was underneath the couch screaming. I went to pick him up and see he was struggling to have me not do so. Only to find he was paralyzed from the waist down. I thought maybe he fell off his cat tree. I rushed him to the vet. they knew what it was right away, he had a blood clot that went from his heart and paralyzed him, and his little heart was shutting down. Then to the ER the same thing. it is called saddle thrombosis. They said the clot was due to hereditary heart disease. He was in severe pain, dying. My only choice was to put into rest. It was so shocking. it has been 6 weeks, and I've been crying my eyes out and struggling ever since. I cannot describe the grief I feel. He was my everything. He was my best friend, my confident. We were Always within a foot of each other or he,was on my lap. i had to put him to sleep, the night before his 8th birthday. I rescued him at 4 years old. He was on the euthanasia list, then to a rescue where I volunteered, then to live with me for 4 years. I always celebrated his birthday the day I brought him home. I did not get to give him his gifts that I bought him. His new toys and his new blankets. I was so excited to celebrate a wonderful birthday with him, only to be devastated. I ask myself not only why did this happen to him, but why the night before his birthday? i Question myself over and over in my mind what could have I done differently, how long was he suffering before I found him. I hope he does not feel like I let him down.
R i p my friend you will be forever missed...
Quote 0 0
Simon
Simon wrote:
Hello everyone. I am so so sorry for your sudden losses. My heart cries for you. What gorgeous photos of your kitties. My baby boy Simon was about black and white Beauty as well. I had a similar experience. My Simon was sneezing so I brought him to the vet for a checkup. They gave him an antibiotic shot to prevent a respiratory infection. Then he was okay, then 2 weeks later he started sneezing excessively. I called the vet to make an appointment for the next day. Other than that Simon was healthy, happy, playful, eating and drinking. Nothing else with his health was suspicious. I came home from work and he was underneath the couch screaming. I went to pick him up and see he was struggling to have me not do so. Only to find he was paralyzed from the waist down. I thought maybe he fell off his cat tree. I rushed him to the vet. they knew what it was right away, he had a blood clot that went from his heart and paralyzed him, and his little heart was shutting down. Then to the ER the same thing. it is called saddle thrombosis. They said the clot was due to hereditary heart disease. He was in severe pain, dying. My only choice was to put into rest. It was so shocking. it has been 6 weeks, and I've been crying my eyes out and struggling ever since. I cannot describe the grief I feel. He was my everything. He was my best friend, my confident. We were Always within a foot of each other or he,was on my lap. i had to put him to sleep, the night before his 8th birthday. I rescued him at 4 years old. He was on the euthanasia list, then to a rescue where I volunteered, then to live with me for 4 years. I always celebrated his birthday the day I brought him home. I did not get to give him his gifts that I bought him. His new toys and his new blankets. I was so excited to celebrate a wonderful birthday with him, only to be devastated. I ask myself not only why did this happen to him, but why the night before his birthday? i Question myself over and over in my mind what could have I done differently, how long was he suffering before I found him. I hope he does not feel like I let him down.
R i p my friend you will be forever missed...
Quote 0 0