catlover1 Show full post »
catlover1
Thanks Ellie. That is useful! I would def do titers over vaccinations for a sick cat. Cody was supposed to have his 3 year shots this year but I would have opted out of them because I have read (I did so much research on Cody's cancer) that you are never again supposed to vaccinate a cat that has mast cell tumors. 

There is so much that can cause an illness for all humans and animals. It is disgusting to know the illnesses we can get from these medications, foods, and even water supply. Ugh. 
Quote 0 0
BeachieGirl33
Well this just makes me sick and I want to cry.  I wish Little hadn't had that rabies shot but at that point it probably didn't make that much difference since he already had the cancer.  I just don't know.  I think I need to find another vet though.  I have already thought that it will be painful to go back to that vet since that's where I took Little and Batman and all those memories are there.  I wonder if I can find a vet who doesn't require rabies shots since it is a law. 

Take care everybody and stay strong ...

Betty
Quote 0 0
catlover1
Betty,

I 100% understand where you are coming from. Cody and Claudia both passed away at the same vet (Claudia we put to sleep and Cody passed away shortly after surgery) so I will not go there again. They were a great vet but having lost two cats there now it brings back too many memories and my wounds with Cody are way too painful right now. Kaci always went to a different vet as when I got her there was a new one opening up near us so I always brought her to that one so the new kitty Luke is just going to the same vet as Kaci. There are holistic vets and I wonder if they are any better or require rabies shots and such.
Quote 0 0