TysonTheBoxer
Today was a rough day, the worst day. My 10 year old boxer passed. He was the dog everyone dreams of having. Loved to play, loved to relax by your side. I’ve never posted in a chat room like this but felt I needed to say something to someone. I am devastated. Never imagined this day would come. Feels like yesterday he was a puppy, he would run sideways in his early days and always pulled while on a leash (my fault for improper training) but what I would do to have him pull me down the street one more time. If you started petting him and eventually stopped he would whine as if to say “hey I didn’t say you could stop yet”. He could be in a dead sleep but once he smelled meatballs or really any food besides vegetables he’d be right by your side until you gave him his fare share. He was like a 70lb indoor cat, so pampered and spoiled. Loved the beach and catching snow balls in his mouth but if he wasn’t doing those two things he wanted to be inside sitting in the sun. He treated my kids as his own. Even though he was raised for the first two years of his life by only my then girlfriend (now wife) and myself once the kids came into the picture he made them the priority. Never nipped at them in his life, would even let them win at tug of war (something he never let me do). He never liked them being outside without him nearby. You’d ask him to show you his “nub” and he’d lie on his back, this was how the kids would give him hugs. I don’t know if anyone will read this but if anyone does I hope you think of my amazing friend Tyson for a moment. He would have wagged his nub for you and probably even tinkled in excitement seeing a new face but he was perfect, thank you for always being there.
Quote 0 0
camunki
Your Tyson is so beautiful and i am glad you gave him 10 years of the best life he could imagine.

Please keep talking to your baby, and letting him know how much you love him, as he is on a new adventure at the Rainbow Bridge stil with you, your angel above.

This forum is wonderful with people who truly know what it is like to lose a beloved pet, they are like losing family/children.

My heart goes out to you and please keep your Tysons legacy living on!

Cam

Quote 0 0
TysonTheBoxer
Thank you so much for your kind words..

It’s been a grueling 48 hours. So many things run through my mind like I hope he doesn’t think we gave up on him. I hope he knows we don’t feel that he gave up on us. I hope he’s no longer in pain. I hope he’s not alone. I hope he loved me as I loved him.

I’m going back to work in the morning and it will be the first time he’s not there to greet me when I get home with his nub wagging out of control. I already know that will be another hard thing to handle.

My wife and I got a puppy in the spring in hoping that whenever his day did come (even though at the time he was in great shape) that another dog in the home would help the kids cope easier with his loss. I can’t tell if it’s helping just yet but I do already find myself feeling guilty for playing with the puppy. If he’s looking down I don’t want him to feel like he’s been replaced because replacing him is impossible. Our puppy will be special in her own way but she would have never even been in our lives if Tyson wasn’t such a special friend and we knew his loss would be so devastating.

I wish he could send me a signal saying he’s ok..

camunki wrote:
Your Tyson is so beautiful and i am glad you gave him 10 years of the best life he could imagine.

Please keep talking to your baby, and letting him know how much you love him, as he is on a new adventure at the Rainbow Bridge stil with you, your angel above.

This forum is wonderful with people who truly know what it is like to lose a beloved pet, they are like losing family/children.

My heart goes out to you and please keep your Tysons legacy living on!
Quote 0 0
Paulcougar1964
Hi TTB,

I'm sorry for your grief you are experiencing after Tyson's death. He is a beautiful boy, and he obviously means the world to you. There are many people on this site who understand some of what you are probably feeling, and who now grieve with you.

I've done lots of reading on grief since we lost our Mickey almost four months ago. I now understand that everyone can grieve differently. Don't let anyone tell you how you "should" feel, or how long you should be sad. I hope you can find a friend or two that you can be open with about your feelings. I read recently that "grief is the price of love" - that now certainly makes sense to me. I hope you find comfort in the days ahead, and that peace eventually takes over from your sadness. Please let us know how you are doing....

Paul
Quote 0 0
carmens_mom
TTB,

Tyson is surely a beauty.  Thank you so much for sharing his picture.  And I love you referring to him as "a 70 pound indoor cat" - I can picture that so clearly!

I read and re-read the words you wrote about his temperament, his personality, and how much he cared for his family.  It is so obvious he was loved and that he loved his family just as deeply. 

I am so sorry for your recent loss.  Grieving his absence and all the special little things he did can be so difficult, actually heartbreaking, in the beginning.  And the time from "the beginning" to when we can truly look back with happy memories is different for all of us.  But Tyson will always be with you - in your heart and in your soul.  He knew he was special to you and your family and he knew that the love he gave was well returned.  Please continue to hold dear those special memories of Tyson in your heart, just like you shared with us.  Again, what a remarkable young man he was.
My warmest regards,  Carmen's and Gigi's mom - alicia
Quote 0 0
TysonTheBoxer
Thank you so much for the heartfelt responses.

Over the past week I’ve received many, many kind words and well wishes from family and friends. But the three responses I’ve received here from complete strangers has truly meant more to me than any of the others.

My original post was raw and in the moment, it was in the middle of the night and I really needed to vent. You all seemed to completely feel my pain and your words have turned this tragedy into something I can look back on and feel at ease with.

Last week at this very time he was being cremated. And I can type that without completely losing it, so I know I’m coming around. I’ve been blessed with most of my family having long healthy lives. I haven’t had to deal with much death in my life. But losing Tyson hit me the hardest of any. You take for granted those times he leans against your leg just to say hello or the times he nudges his head under your hand to say, hey remember me.

It’s been a tough week but I haven’t cried in days. I can look at his urn and smile. It’s a shame how fast time went by but he easily gave me the best 10 years of my life. I’ve been telling myself he can’t die as long as I still remember him. So that’s what I’ve been doing, reminding myself how special and fun his life was.

Thanks again for all the responses, I truly mean it.

Quote 0 0
Shanna
Thank you for sharing. It sounds as though you celebrated his life everyday:-)
Quote 0 0