FClaire
Its been two weeks and every day seems to get harder and harder. Missing him so much. Its seems a lot longer. I feel like it's all a bad dream, it still hasn't sunk in that hes not here. Or maybe it has and I'm blocking it out. I dont know! Dont really know how I should be feeling now. It's so hard I just want him back😢😢😢😢😢
Quote 0 0
skmk
Hello FClaire, 

Two weeks is no time at all when you're grieving.   My boy has been gone for over a year and I'm still missing him big time.  I still want him back.   Everyone is different so grieve in your own time and that's whats right for you.  What a cute picture of your guy.   I love Westies.  Just wanted to let you know you're not alone and I know just how you feel.  It's so hard to lose them.  I don't know if I'll have another as I don't want to go through this again.  My guy was such a joy.  He made everything else better.  I do have another dog who is getting old now but he's not the same although I know I'll miss him terribly too.  I had 4 pets die in the course of 1 year.   It was just too much for me to bear.

Take care FClaire,
Sending you hugs,
skmk
Quote 0 0
dtad
I'm so sorry and I totally get it! We lost our Maggie girl 3 weeks ago. She was only 10. She was my first pet and I'm devastated. The silence in the house is deafening. Everyone in my family is worried about me. I cry everyday all day. We knew 5 months ago that she only had months to live. Most of those months she was fine. The still took walks and played the same way she always did. Only the last few days were different. We called Laps of Love to come to our home to put her down. They were wonderful but my husband and I were distraught. I have an autoimmune disease that leaves me bedridden 4-5 days a week. Maggie was always by my side. We spent endless hours together. I'm so desperately lonely now. I have 2 great kids and 3 grandsons with a granddaughter on the way. I'm upset with myself that I'm not really enjoying them. Maggie is everywhere I look in my house. She was so ingrained in our lives that its just so hard. My husband is also very sad and we have been supportive of each other but at least he can go to work. The few times I can get out I dread coming home. I'm so tired of being sad and crying all the time. I was sad and crying a lot since her diagnosis. Somehow because of that I actually thought I would be ok once she was gone. Boy was I wrong! 
diane
Quote 0 0
FClaire
skmk wrote:
Hello FClaire, 

Two weeks is no time at all when you're grieving.   My boy has been gone for over a year and I'm still missing him big time.  I still want him back.   Everyone is different so grieve in your own time and that's whats right for you.  What a cute picture of your guy.   I love Westies.  Just wanted to let you know you're not alone and I know just how you feel.  It's so hard to lose them.  I don't know if I'll have another as I don't want to go through this again.  My guy was such a joy.  He made everything else better.  I do have another dog who is getting old now but he's not the same although I know I'll miss him terribly too.  I had 4 pets die in the course of 1 year.   It was just too much for me to bear.

Take care FClaire,
Sending you hugs,
skmk
Quote 0 0
FClaire
Skmk thankyou. Sorry also for your loss. I'm trying to do it in my own time and telling myself I will. I dont care what others around me think. Some around me think I should be over it, they just dont understand. I'm not and adamant I wont get another one. Just couldn't go through this again, and also the fact I couldn't watch another little one get poorly, I just couldn't. You poor thing, 4 losses in a year how heartbreaking for you, I cant begin to image how you must feel. I'm sorry. Xxx
Quote 0 0
anang
My heart is with you and I'm so sorry for your grief.
Not to sound clinical, but grief doesn't go in linear stages. Elizabeth Kubler Ross came up with the theory of the stages of grief which involve denial, bargaining, anger, depression and acceptance. I do think that as parents of furry babies that we go through those stages, but not in any particular order and we can fluctuate rapidly between stages.
Please know that you have tons of support here and that we are all at different places in our grief, but everyone here is supportive and loving.
My deepest regrets for your loss,
Katie
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
FClaire
dtad wrote:
I'm so sorry and I totally get it! We lost our Maggie girl 3 weeks ago. She was only 10. She was my first pet and I'm devastated. The silence in the house is deafening. Everyone in my family is worried about me. I cry everyday all day. We knew 5 months ago that she only had months to live. Most of those months she was fine. The still took walks and played the same way she always did. Only the last few days were different. We called Laps of Love to come to our home to put her down. They were wonderful but my husband and I were distraught. I have an autoimmune disease that leaves me bedridden 4-5 days a week. Maggie was always by my side. We spent endless hours together. I'm so desperately lonely now. I have 2 great kids and 3 grandsons with a granddaughter on the way. I'm upset with myself that I'm not really enjoying them. Maggie is everywhere I look in my house. She was so ingrained in our lives that its just so hard. My husband is also very sad and we have been supportive of each other but at least he can go to work. The few times I can get out I dread coming home. I'm so tired of being sad and crying all the time. I was sad and crying a lot since her diagnosis. Somehow because of that I actually thought I would be ok once she was gone. Boy was I wrong! 
Quote 0 0
FClaire
Awww I'm so sorry on your loss of Maggie. Ollie was our first dog also. I know exactly how you are feeling, it's just heartbreaking isnt it? I have no words to comfort you sorry, but just to say you are not alone. My house is so quiet also, I hate being in it. He was my baby, even though he drove me mad at times! He was the boss and so demanding, little cheeky bugger!! I'm missing him dreadfully. It's like a dream, I can't believe he's not here anymore. I'm also so lonely and just dont want to do anything. Nothing seems worth it anymore. All I can say is cry, I've cried every day and cant stop. It comes like waves. It's no good bottling it up. I cried when we got Ollie's diagnosis, but naively thought he would be here for longer. He took it all in his stride so we did also. I feel guilty, should we have done more to help him.Hubby keeps telling me know and he was happy. I never thought it would hit me like this, just wasn't prepared at all. I'm not going out or doing anything really at the minute. Everything seems a huge struggle. And means nothing. You are not alone and just be kind to yourself especially with having an illness also. I know Ollie and Your Maggie wouldn't want us to be sad would they? We cant help it though can we? We loved them so dam much. Take care and how lovely you have a beautiful granddaughter to look forward to. One day at a time. Hugs to you xxx
Quote 0 0
FClaire
Katie, thankyou. I definitely think I must be fluctuating between all stages, Just waiting for the acceptance, but I suppose it's like how long is a piece of string? Only time I suppose. I am however grateful for all the support on here, such lovely and understanding people xxx
Quote 0 0
clowdy
I feel your pain. I tried occupying myself with other things but it's very hard not to think of him without crying. I always wake up in the middle of the night and I feel a heavy weight in my heart. The pain doesn't go away. I hope you start to heal through the support on here
Quote 0 0