MissingMyGirl

It's been two weeks, almost to the exact minute, that my Cody girl fell ill.  It is 11:56pm here now, it was 11:45pm two weeks ago when I awoke to find my girl acting strangely, and I knew right away it was an emergency.  Tomorrow marks two weeks of the most difficult decision I've ever had to make.  I've been doing better emotionally, getting out with friends, being able to better focus at work, but the hole in my heart is still very big, and the sadness is engulfing me right now.

I have a candle lit for my girl, a picture of her as a puppy, her collar, and her box of ashes sitting next to me as I type.  I miss that gray snout poking around the door as I come home, her wagging tail, her excited bark, her smiles, the way she rubbed her back/hind against my feet that dangled off the bed in the morning, her morning snuggles, the way she would get SO excited when I grabbed her leash and harness, and her after meal burst of energy!  I miss my routine; not needing to come home after work to let her out, or calling it an early night because I have to get home to her has been a strange adjustment.  For 12 years she was my everything, and I'm 100% sure she knew that.  

Cody's Mom (Christy)
Quote 0 0
MonkeysMama
Christy,

I know I've already messaged you but I just wanted to reply to this post too. I'm sorry. I'm sorry it all happened and I'm sorry it's already been 2 weeks. I can't believe how long Monkey's been gone already, it blows my mind. 

I can't imagine how different things are after 12 years. My heart aches for you.

Please know I'm thinking of you often.

Sending love,
Angelena
Monkey
April 1st, 2011 - June 7th, 2014
Rest in peace my sweet baby boy, I can't wait to see you again.
Quote 0 0
Miasmama
Cody's mom,
I'm sorry about your Cody, I know it's hard Mia has been gone for 2 weeks as of tomorrow. I wish we could turn time back and bring them back to us. We'll meet them again when the time is right. I'll keep you and your beautiful Cody in my prayers tonight <3
Mia's mommy <3
Quote 0 0
MissingMyGirl
Angelena & Miasmama,
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I am thinking of both of you, Mia, and Monkey. We were all so lucky to have them while we did. 
Cody's Mom (Christy)
Quote 0 0