mistlechu
Tuesday marked two months since I last held my beloved kitty. It’s been incredibly hard but my guilt has since diminished. I know I made the right choice to end her suffering and give her peace. It hits me from time to time but I swallow it back and remind myself of the promise I made her. That I would never let her suffer. When she collapsed that final time in her litterbox I knew she was suffering. I get hit by the “what if” questions. What if I rushed it? What if she would have been fine? But ultimately I knew in my heart the decision I had to make. She was letting me know in other ways that it was her time.

The pain is still there but not as bad. I choose not to focus on her final days but remember her wonderful and thriving ones. After nearly 18 years (this December 25th would’ve been our 18th year together ) she gave me such wonderful and funny stories and brought me such joy.

I miss her so much. But every night I kiss the top of the box of her ashes and will put my finger against her paw print. When she was alive I use to kiss the top of her head and touch her paw every night. It’s a ritual that I’m glad I can still do in a way to bring me peace.

Anyways it’s been 2 months. Instead of a completely sad post here’s some silly photos of my Queen Jasmine so everyone can enjoy what a cute goof she was. 💕
Quote 0 0
Indiana_Andrea
I'm so glad you're feeling better, mistlechu!  My kitty, Mistletoe, has been gone 5 weeks and I too have a bit of a lighter heart.

Time is a healer.  The cracks in our heart are still there but they're scabbing over and hurt less.  Soon the scabs will be replaced by scars... always felt and always there but... not as raw and open.

Your Jasmine is a beauty!!  Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures.  Here is one of my Mistletoe.  Wasn't he a handsome boy?  He was & still is my forever love.

xxx

mistletoe3.jpg 
They never live long enough....
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures of your beautiful baby Queen Jasmine. She sure was a beauty. I am so glad you are feeling better and have been able to start letting go of the awful guilt. Time does heal our wounds somewhat, but the heartache always remains.

IndianaAndrea, Mistletoe is another beauty, thanks for also sharing her picture. You wrote "Time is a healer.  The cracks in our heart are still there but they're scabbing over and hurt less.  Soon the scabs will be replaced by scars... always felt and always there but... not as raw and open". So very true.
Quote 0 0