TxGuy

Well, it has been two months since my Simba left for the Rainbow Bridge. I must admit when I first came here that I did not believe it would get better as you all promised, but it has.  It gets better day by day. I still miss him terribly as we all miss our furbabies that have left us. I am able to focus on the good days and now that time has passed I am able to not focus so much on the day that I had to make the decision to let him go. Thanks to all of you for your kind words and prayers. My little man, I miss you and love you! 

Quote 0 0
Leigh

TxGuy, I didn't believe anybody here, either, when they said it would get better.  Didn't figure they knew what they were talking about.  Wrong.  The people on this site have provided so much support, info, and caring that I don't know how I could ever repay them.  Thank you just isn't enough.

There are always good memories of my Mary that I can conjure up.  I'm still and probably always will feel guilty about having her put to sleep but at least I can handle it now.

Never did I think we'd have another furbaby, but Annie came into our lives and she's enriched us and given me purpose again.  This empty nest syndrome, not working out of the house, and hubby working nights can get sooooo lonely, but Annie keeps me company and listens to everything I tell her.  She has to...that's her job ;)  lol

Glad to hear you're doing better, TxGuy. 

Quote 0 0
always_tuffy
TxGuy,
Two months by the calendar, but too much time to measure by your heart.  I am glad you are doing better. At least finding some peaceful, reflective times. When I first came here, like you & Leigh I didn't see how it could ever get any better. At first I don't think I wanted to be better!However with the help of the loving hearts and listening ears here at RBB I have survived.  We will never get over and we will never forget. I understand now that's OK, we are not supposed to. But we do begin finally to become more "functional" & find ways to manage life again. I'm glad you found RBB and shared your heart & the love between you & Simba. You have helped us as much as we have helped you.
Wishing you peaceful reflections
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
alesha986
RIP Simba.
:(

Quote 0 0
TxGuy
@Leigh: So glad to hear the new furbaby is doing her job of listening on those lonely nights.  That is wonderful!  :-)

@Regina: Thanks for all your kind words during these two months. Your experience, strength and hope has been very helpful!

@Alesha: thanks. I am continuing to pray for you as you begin this journey of grief. We are here for you.
Quote 0 0
donnalee
TxGuy,
It is hard to believe it has been 2 months for you.  I remember so well when you first came on to the site.  I am so glad you are making it.  I know it hasn't been easy but I hope this gives hopes to others.  You are a good example to others that one will be ok.  I remember your heart was totally broken. We miss and love them forever but life does become livable again.
Quote 0 0