Buddy_Mama
Hello, fellow grieving pet parents. I wanted to post 2 things that I hope will help you feel better, as you cope with the loss of your baby - whether the loss was recent or not.

The first is a quote from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. that speaks to our healing process. Grief and healing are not on any timetable - the important thing is to make some progress, any progress, each day:
"If you can't fly, then run. If you can't run, then walk. If you can't walk, then crawl. But whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward."

The second is the song "For Good" from the musical Wicked. You may be familiar with this song, and may have already thought of it as a tribute to your lost baby. If you've never heard this song, give it a listen, and know that your baby was in your life for a reason: to make you a better person. And they succeeded. "Because I knew you... I have been changed for good."

Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 2 0
JulieF
Thank you Cindy - what great thoughts!
Quote 1 0
squares
Thanks for these, Buddy_Mama.  Much appreciated.
Quote 1 0
BorderCollieLover
Cindy:

Thank you for sharing. I keep moving forward but still stumble at times. Very simply, the love that I had for my dog was so far-reaching, so all encompassing that it's still hard to be without her. I will probably always carry a torch for her and there's nothing wrong with that. 

Warmest regards,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 1 0
Gmr
Thank you for your post. I am still crying from that song. Life can be so hard sometimes. I am sorry for your loss as well.
Quote 1 0
Yaoyao
Thank you for posting this and sharing the song. I can't stop crying since I lost my baby yesterday. I can't get out of bed and seems like things just don't have purposes anymore. My Albert made me a better person in so many ways, he taught me to love unconditionally, to be patient, he helped me realize that there are beautiful things in the world. He has been my guardian angel and will always be. 
Quote 1 0
Buddy_Mama
I'm glad that folks have found a bit of uplift with these two little things. I know that a quote and a song can't ever take away your hurt... but I hope they can at least pause your pain for just a moment, and let you feel the joy, beauty, and depth of the bond you had with your baby. Many people never know that kind of love. How lucky we all are to have known this... and how lucky we are to cherish it still. It means we are capable of the deepest love, and that we've been blessed with the reciprocal love of an unconditionally loving soul. To me, that's the highest attainment a human can achieve. <3
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 0 0