always_tuffy

His spirit, energy, and love encircled me. The hug my soul had been crying for!

Around 7 am Friday morning, I went to sit by Tuffy's grave. I'd been going through a really rough time last couple of days.  Just couldn't "imagine life without him" rough time.

The sun was bright. A perfect fall morning. His final resting place is in our backyard, beneath the canopy of a huge, old elm tree. I set on the ground, opened my mind, and closed my eyes. Embraced peace, let sadness out.

After 1/2 hour I felt calm enough to talk to him. I had planned to speak out loud to him, instead of just in my mind. All the time I'd been there, leaves had been raining down all around me, but never on me. I told him I loved and missed him.  Next I said, Tuffy I decided since you can't come to me, I'd go to you and here I am.

Within seconds, a leaf fell and on my shoulder came to rest. It didn’t land lightly, but was more like a quick "tap". 

Turning my face to the heavens above,

I said, "Thank you Tuffy for sending your love".

Though to this earth he is no longer tied,

In his "spiritual heart" we are still side by side

Tuffy's "Leaf of Love" 

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
I am amazed at how they let us know that they are OK from above.  Even though each of us has experienced different things, I am convinced that they are up there shining their light down upon us.  Tuffy is telling you that he is OK and that it is OK for you to feel better.  What a beautiful start to the weekend.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
donnalee
Regina,
I'm so happy Tuffy responded to you as he did!  It is such a marvelous thing that they can still find ways to let us know they are OK. I have to tell you,
your writing always touches me.   I always come away with at least one line that I want to meditate upon.  This time, it is  "Embrace peace, let sadness out".   It's so simple but so perfect...if we could all just do that, we'd all be fine!
And you write poetry as if it is just pouring out of you.  Have you ever thought of publishing something?  You really are talented.  Please continue to share your thoughts.
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Regina,

My heart bursts with happiness for you!  What a beautiful gift from Tuffy.  It is so precious to get a message from our beloved babies.  The feeling is so amazing.  I can't think of words to describe the emotion that comes over me, but you know what I mean.  I agree with Donnalee, you are an excellent writer.  You could write poetry and love(ing) stories.  Well, heck, I guess you already do.  But you could certainly have them published. 

I'm so glad for you, my Okie friend!

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
jen2010

what a wonderful sign

Quote 0 0
always_tuffy

Friends,

I wish I could express how much your replies touch me and help me heal.  I am blessed to have friends who understand. To most a leaf is just a leaf.  A random occurrence. Knowing that you understand and rejoice with me is a wonderful gift.

Love can't "die".  Physical bodies pass on, but the energy of love remains. Be open to it.  Keep an open mind and heart.  The reward is certainly worth it.  It has certainly given me the courage to move forward healing.

Thank you friends for joining my celebration of an awesome friend and the happiness he brought me, then and now.

Love and healing to all,

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
jo

Always_Tuffy, - thats a lovely sign. I'm happy for you :-)

Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Regina,

There's no way in the world I would believe that leaf was just a leaf, because it wasn't.  That was Tuffy's leaf to you.  He loves you. 

Last Friday and Saturday were horrible for me.  Then, lo and behold, my girl came to me and gave me sign.  It's so touching and meaningful.  It does help to heal me.  It makes me nearly burst open with pride!  And I am so dang proud for you too and know how much it means to you.

Love & hugs to you, Okie friend,

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0