gizmomybaby Show full post »
Marie123
Thank you AnneMarie. One of the first snails I got for my terrarium years ago, named Bullets, went to the Bridge today and I just didn't bother to tell anyone because I honestly don't think they'd care but I know I'll miss her. I gave her a good life so I have no regrets. Some cruel person might've smashed her long before this if she hadn't lived with me. Snail, toad or bug, they all matter.
Take care now! 🐱🐌🕷
Quote 0 0
gizmomybaby
Marie Av just saw this so sorry to hear this & yeh I understand but its no fair that people wouldn't care because you had love for bullets doesn't matter what she was . Marie am the same I just love all animals I talk away to spiders and everything x plz know am thinking of you xx
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Hi, AnneMarie! It's sad my little snails only live about 3 or 4 years but I know they've got good lives here with me, away from cruel kids or people who don't like to share their gardens. Sadly, my silly little guy Houdini, who liked to ride on my eyeglasses, and my grumpy snail, Cinnabon, have gone to the Bridge as well. I can picture them cruising around my Mum's garden there, munching on her hosta lilies and tomatoes, while Raven, Geronimo,Gizmo, and Snoopy the bunny chase each other all over the place, and my Mum just standing there shaking her head and laughing at all the animals taking over her garden!
Thank you for the kind words. It's always great hearing from you! I hope this New year brings all of us healing and smiles! Take care now! 🐱🐺🐶🐌
Quote 0 0
gizmomybaby
Aw Marie a remember you talking about Houdini he stands out to me as I remember you talking about him . People forget that this world isnt just for human but so many of them can be so cruel , when I walk up the stairs with anyone and I see a snail or slug I always say watch you dont stand on that , inffact a few months ago my sister and nephew where walking down my stairs outside and I said jay watch that snail & my sister says jay auntie isnt saying that incase you slip or fall she's want to make sure the snail is ok 😂 they know me to well Marie xx
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Hahaha you sound just like me! I had this huge purple slug just hanging out on the sidewalk one day, and I shared my banana with him and made sure he had moved off before I backed my car out! Do you have any particular kind of snails there? I've heard of this kind called a round-mouthed snail in Scotland and parts of England and they're so cute! I really want a giant African land snail but they're illegal here in the States. They get huge and just have the sweetest faces I think. I'd have to come up with a really good name for him or her too! It's been really cold here so the furnace runs a lot, so my snails have their own humidifier by their cages to help keep the air moist for them. Spoiled rotten I tell you!
It's so great hearing from you again! I hope you and Candy have a blessed New Year that brings healing and smiles 🐱🐺🐶
Quote 0 0
gizmomybaby
Its great talking to you Marie you have helped me through my journey so so much x I will get some photos for you Marie I wouldn't be sure what kind they are I just always make sure they are safe and move them of the stairs to the grass and have a wee conversation with them while I do that x The Same with spiders I name them all wee jimmy when I talk to them and I say you's cant stay in here tonight am sorry but I put them safe on my grass , my family look at me oddly 😂 or David will shout in who are you talking to and I say am talking to a wee jimmy 😂. X hope you get through the new year ok Marie and hope next one is better and healing for us all on here xx
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Thank you, AnneMarie. It's always great talking to you too. I love the wee Jimmy bit! I'll have to remember that next time I see a spider. People think I'm weird because I find spiders and snails cute and won't kill them but that's just my nature. Even the snake I almost stepped on that time I just told him to shove off (which he did!) I think he was more scared than Argento and I were. The snakes and I are REALLY good at staying out of one another's way 😂
It's been really cold here so I've been giving the birds and squirrels extra food. I wish they could come inside but it'd be chaos! Poor guys I don't know how they manage in this weather. It's a lot of work but worth it. Anyway i hope you're doing ok and Candy too. Take care now! 🐱🐺🐶
Quote 0 0
gizmomybaby
I must be weird with you then Marie because I look at them as souls and not just a species to be stood on or killed . I never kill anything like that , I have saw me go mental at mt nephew because he pulled a Danny long legs leg of , they look at you as if your nuts but weer not nuts wee only love all the earths wee animals big & small , ad rather hang about with them than humans Marie 😂
Quote 0 0
Marie123
That's so true, AnneMarie. I certainly didn't see any of my snails out jostling and fighting over Christmas gifts at the stores this year! 🐌
Quote 0 0