Daisymae1979
I lost my sweet Daisy Mae on July 5, 2017. She passed 10 days shy of her 13th birthday. I was devastated. I had her since she was 7 weeks old. We had been thru so much in our life together. She was diagnosed with cancer when she was 4. Then had to have her leg amputated and go thru chemo. Then the cancer came back, but she lived for years til her body just couldn't take it anymore. As devastating as it was, I had Lady, my Punkin, to help soften the blow. Unfortunately, on June 6th she was diagnosed with lung cancer. The cancer ravished her body before we even knew she had it, and on June 9th we had to make the heartbreaking decision to have her put down. I was and still am filled with so much sorrow, guilt, and grief. Yesterday was her birthday. She passed 12 days shy of her 13th birthday. I don't know how to face this world without her. She was my best friend and confidant. I knew no matter how bad my day was as soon as I walked thru the door she would make it all better. But now I don't have that, and I feel so empty. I'm trying my best to hold it together, but on the inside I feel unbearable pain and chaos. Daisy and Lady were so special to me. They saved my life. I went thru a period in my life where I didn't want to live anymore and just the thought of them feeling like I abandoned them is what kept me going. I owe so much to both of them. While I'm past those feelings, I don't know what to do now to fill the void left in my life. My heart is shattered into a million pieces.
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
I know it is so hard...the love we feel for our pets is amazing...I do not think I felt like this when close relatives have passed and that is because we share a bond with our babies a very close bond and they love us no matter what.

I love to talk about my boy Monty and I am lucky that my daughter loved him so much as well.

Try to talk about them...or write about them...maybe a poem.

I honestly hope you start to feel better soon and just remember the good times.
Ellen Hague
Quote 1 0
Daisymae1979
Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. It's nice to be able to share my feelings with people who understand what I'm feeling and realize she wasnt "just a dog". I dreamed of her last night and woke up a mess, but also comforted. I miss her beyond words.
Quote 0 0