lizzie_
It has been exactly seven months since I said goodbye to my darling precious staffy and my heart still aches. As I write this, I think about all the times in my life when Lizzie, my best friend for over 14 years, was there to comfort me. How she would just know when I was upset and would come sit by me. I can only describe her presence as something magical. 

I adopted two rescue puppies and they have helped me to heal a lot. After months of feeling broken and alone, its been nice to have something to love and care for again.
I am so grateful for these dogs. They have given me the opportunity to feel happy again. To not feel so empty. I just love coming home to two wagging tails and being woken up in the morning by wet slobbery kisses on my face. Giving my puppies a happy and loving home is truly a gift.

But they are not Lizzie- and I don't expect them to be. She will always have a special place in my heart. I think about her constantly and wish that I could just bring her back. It is devastating to talk about her in the past tense but I know that when I think and talk about her I am honoring her memory. I simply cannot ever forget about this spectacular soul.

Lizzie, my love for you will never die. You were an absolute blessing in my life and I will always cherish all the memories that I have of you. I promise to try and be happy because that is what you would want. Thank you my sweet love x 

Quote 0 0
Rainy
My heart goes out to you. I know what you mean about having the two rescue puppies and all the positives that they are bringing into your life, but still feeling very much heartbroken about Lizzy. I have actually thought a little the last couple of days of reintroducing another cat into my life in the coming months, and I am sure that, if I do, my experience will be similar to yours.

It is so great that you had such a close friend who seemed to always know, and was constantly there for you, when you were feeling down. Of course, the closer the love while alive, the harder the heartbreak when one departs the earth.

Wishing you the best.
Quote 0 0