Denise180
It's been 3 weeks since I lost my little boy, Pinto. He was a 3 lb chiahuah and would have been 15 years old this month. He just woke up sick and I held him all day before he finally took his last breath. I have not cried because I don't think I've accepted his death yet. I have another dog but she doesn't like to cuddle like Pinto and favors my husband anyway. I haven't been able to sleep through the night & have begun to have migraines again (due to stress I know). I have done all I know to do to make myself cry & I just don't. I know if I could release some of the grief, maybe I'd hey better. Anybody have a suggestion?
Denise180
Quote 0 0
Mackysmum
Hi sorry about the loss of your boy , Pinto .
Every ones different in how they are after the death of a loved one human or pet .
I cried like a baby the first 2 days then I couldn't for a week or more , i felt like i could at the time but nothing happened.
The last few days ive cried more strangely but tgats grief , my grief we are all different.
Maybe you are numb like I get , or sometimes people just don't shoe emotions as well .
Just go with the flow and be kind to yourself .
Another point is you said you have migraines like I do so as we know crying on top of a migraine equles disaster for the pain , i think you would agree , so maybe your not letting yourself cry as you no the head pain will get stronger, i dont know just a suggestion
Quote 0 0
Sampson
My deepest condolences on your loss of your beloved Pinto. Give yourself time. The tears will come.
Wishing you peace and healing,
Sam
Quote 0 0
Kittypiller
So sorry for your loss. I know you are very sad and feel like you ahould cry, you may be in a type of shock and feel numb right now I know you loved pinto very much so give yourself time and know there are people here for you. Make sure you take care of yourself and know it takes time for your mind to process what has happened. Im here anytime you feel you want to chat about your boy. Take care of yourself and know youre not alone
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I am so, so sorry for your loss! It must be such a shock, and accepting can take some time.

If you do feel all pent up and like you need "help" to cry, sometimes movies can help release some tears. The Marley movie or one of the old classics, maybe.

However you feel, or don't feel, is okay. Grief is so hard to deal with. I wish you the deepest comfort.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Denise180
Thank you all for your kind words. I can't believe Pinto has been gone for 6 weeks & I still "feel" his presence and look for him. I feel like a crazy old woman lol. I saw a Chihuahua online at the animal shelter & wanted to get him but hubby & son said its too soon & the more I thought about it, yes it is. I need to cry....i want to cry. I feel like it's mentally unhealthy that I don't because I had him for 15 years.
Denise180
Quote 0 0