Sharbear92108
Hello,
  I just had to put my cat down this past Friday. She was 18 and a half, and she had kidney disease. Three weeks ago, the vet said her blood test was O.K. and not to worry, but then she started to show symptoms. I didn't realize what was happening, but then with another doctor visit, he said she didn't have much longer to live. She wasn't eating, couldn't walk around, and I had to give her water through a straw. It was an extremely difficult decision to euthanize, but I think she was better off, rather than to suffer too terribly.
 I am going through the stages of shock, disbelief, anger, and sadness, all at the same time.
We had a very tight bond. Once I decide, I wonder if I will have the same close feeling for the next kitty. I share the same grief that I see written on this forum. Any healing messages are welcome. It feels very lonely without my best friend.
  Shari
DSCN1546.jpg
My little love, Kahlua.
Shari Parsky
Quote 0 0
Jimbo106
I'm very sorry for your loss. Kahlua has such a sweet, gentle face.

Jamie was with me for 15 years, and like Kahlua, she was my best little friend. When she passed, I knew I couldn't live completely again without sharing with another little one. I adopted two little shelter sisters a month after Jamie passed. The bond we've formed is different, but just as heartfelt. I love Abby and Casey so much, and they have returned it ten-fold. Jamie will always have a place in my heart that can't be changed. But the girls each have their own irreplaceable part. Short answer .....it might not happen for everyone, but it is possible. That said, I still shed tears from time to time, Jamie was such a sweetie.

Blessings to you and Kahlua

Jim

Quote 0 0
Gertie
I am so sorry for your loss, what a beautiful kitty. I had to put my little dog to sleep last year, he was 9 and the love of my life. I got a new companion 3 months later. It is a little different but the love I feel for Ivan is special. I know Duncan will always own a part of my heart, he would want me to be happy. I hope you find peace and some day a new little kitty to help you heal.

Duncan & Ivan's Mom.
Quote 0 0
ghosthouse
I'm so sorry,  I recently had to put down my (also senior) kitty and I know what a hard decision it is to have to make.  Like you, I had to watch mine losing weight and having difficulty walking and then make the toughest call and I am still not done second guessing myself and feeling waves of grief, rage, and sorrow.  I think Kahlua was beautiful, what a pretty calico! 
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Sorry for your loss. I made the decision to euthanize my dog on 10/1. It will always be the most difficult decision I have ever made. The grief will never go away, sometimes it eases up but comes right back with a vengeance. Take care of yourself.
Quote 0 0