ElenaMarie
Hello everyone,

For those of you who are not familiar with who I am.  I first discovered this wonderfully healing site, January 2006, after the tragic loss of my Chloe Angel.  Since that time, I have suffered the loss of the remaining four of my precious feline companions.  Taz, my first senior cat at around 16, took his journey on Friday, August 27th @ 8:45 am. 

I happened across a St. Jude Novena card that I'd forgotten about while searching for pictures of Taz. St. Jude is the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of.  I used to pray to him and had forgotten all about this card.  There it was in the midst of pictures of Taz and others. I believe that I was meant to find him again.  I immediately began reciting the novena and yes, it did lift the grief, not all the way, but enough for me to grasp some understanding as to why I had to lose all five of my babies in a span of four years.  I have decided to write a Tribute book to honor the memory of all my babies and to help me heal. I have self-published two fiction books and was in the process of beginning my first non-fiction.  However, I get the sense that this book needs to be written and not just for me. For all of us who have loved and lost a companion animal. The tentative title is: For The Love Of An Animal - A Journey of Love, Grief and Healing.  Of course, I am open to other suggestions, if anyone believes they might have a more befitting title.

If you would like to honor the memory of a beloved pet. Please send submissions to @tributestories@yahoo.com.

I look forward to reading about your loved one/s.

ElenaMarie
For The Love Of: Taz, Chloe, Claxton, Quentin, Preston and other furbabies who have loved me. And who have graciously allowed me to love them.
Quote 0 0
TriciaK
What a lovely idea and I'll e mail you:)

Tricia xx

Quote 0 0
judylinn

I will too.

Quote 0 0
ElenaMarie
Please do, Tricia.  I look forward to reading all about your beautiful one.

ElenaMarie
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
I would love to add Ted to your book.  Can you give me an idea of what you are looking for?
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
SammysDad
Another Saint that I have come to know is St. Anthony.  He is considered, along with St. Francis of Assisi as one of the patron saints of animals.  I have often prayed to St. Anthony over many personal health issues.  He has always responded to my prayers.  Then, when Sammy became so ill, so fast, I prayed for St. Anthony to help find a resolution to the illness.  Unfortunately, Sammy was beyond help from Doctors.  By the time his Lymphoma showed up, he was already within days of passing.  I do believe that St. Anthony helped Sammy by not letting him suffer.  The Prednazone that he was given, gave him one good quality day with eyesight before he passed.  He was only sick for four days that were obvious to all of us.  Even when he went in for a checkup a few months ago...he looked good, acted normally, etc.  I thank St Anthony for his help in NOT having Sammy suffer.  He went peacefully, with my wife and I holding him.  He just went to sleep on his own.

St. Anthony is also the patron saint of lost articles and numerous other things.  Read up on him here:

http://saints.sqpn.com/saint-anthony-of-padua/

I am not preaching religion, but I do want to share a Saint that my mom taught me about many many years ago.  He is my wonder worker!
Quote 0 0
ElenaMarie
Thank you SammysDad for sharing St. Anthony with all of us.  I will definitely check out the link. 

My apologies for not responding to your post sooner.  I have had some trying days lately.  It has been hard for me losing so many of my furbabies so close together.  I am looking for whatever it is you wish to share regarding your life with Sammy including how you lost him and what measures you've taken such as praying to St. Anthony to help in your healing process. 

Please feel free to submit Sammy's story to tributestories@yahoo.com.  I look forward to reading about your wonderful experience together.

ElenaMarie

Quote 0 0