Ciscolala
The day that we lost our beloved Cisco our veterinary treated us unfair. When Cisco was having emergency surgery we had asked the dr that was doing his surgery if my husband, my parents and I if we can sit in the lobby area and this was after hrs and they weren't opening the clinic until 1 that afternoon. So the dr had asked the owner of the clinic if we can stay in the lobby and she said they don't feel comfortable leaving us there because they didn't have a front desk person and they have money up front. So the dr is like your more than welcome to stay in your vehicles or go and get some coffee. I was like I'm not leaving no where knowing my Cisco is having emergency surgery. So we stayed in our vehicles until the technician came out with of course bad news. To me thats not customer service. I have been taking my pets to that vet for so many years and all they care about is there money and products thinking there going to get stolen. So my dad went and talked to the owner about how poorly we got treated. Of course all she can say is I'm sorry that's our policy and we knew how good Cisco has been taking care by his owners. She couldn't even ask us what is it that we can do to help. Nothing like that. My dad thought about writing a write up in our local newspaper and just making people in our community aware of this situation, so they don't get treated like we did that day. At this point I think we are going to change veteriarians. If any one can give me some advice on what we should do, that would help me. Thank you Cisco's mommy
Sherry
Quote 0 0
jj
How insulting! I am really sorry they treated you in such a pathetic and rude manner at a time of such need. Yeah, what about their stupid money at the front. Who cares about their stupid money. How rude! vets are sometimes the most greedy business people. I think its a great idea to write a commentary in the newspaper, maybe they will never do this again, bad publicity is something no businessman wants.
Quote 0 0
Ciscolala
jj wrote:
How insulting! I am really sorry they treated you in such a pathetic and rude manner at a time of such need. Yeah, what about their stupid money at the front. Who cares about their stupid money. How rude! vets are sometimes the most greedy business people. I think its a great idea to write a commentary in the newspaper, maybe they will never do this again, bad publicity is something no businessman wants.

I know right! The most important thing that was on my mind is my Cisco and for his health. They couldn't even recognize that. It is insulting and I hope nobody else goes through that like we did. There is another vet in our home town and it has really good reviews. I think I'm gonna switch my vets to that one. Thanks for your in put.
Sherry
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Others have been treated badly by their Vet------------as was I----------and chosen to report it to the Vet Board of your state or maybe city.  I am sure you can find the information on line.  No one should be treated like you were, it is unthinkable.

My problem was not really something I could report, and it was a new Vet to us, but he was just so COLD and in MY opinion uncaring and I had to BEG him to give Molly something to calm her down so that I could think. I knew it was her time, but I couldn't process it when she was in such distress.  Granted he was new to us but still it was a given that she had no hope, due to the stroke, but it just felt wrong to me to expect any decision under the circumstances we were in.  He had suggested we drive her 3 hours to a Vet school for an MRI and she was FRANTIC  and suddenly blind.  She was 14 so it was just her time and I accept that, just that he didn't make it any easier for us.  THIS in complete contrast to the VERY PEACEFUL PASSING OF OUR 20 YEAR OLD KITTY A FEW YEARS BEFORE.  So I DO know how this can and should go.

If I were in your shoes, I would report them.  If they were so worried about their money, they could have taken it OUT of the drawer since it was after hours anyway.  What little money was there should NOT have given them the right to treat you like the did when you had a very sick baby.
janice
Quote 0 0
LilyBeansMommy
I'm sorry you've had this experience.  My grief is still very fresh, so I'm sure I have a lot of bias going but I wonder if vets get training on how to deal with grieving pet parents.  I support reporting that kind of episode in your local paper, online with a review of their services during a traumatizing time, and also agree with Janice about reporting it to the vet board.  
Lily Bean's Mommy
Quote 0 0
Ciscolala
Beaglemomma wrote:
Others have been treated badly by their Vet------------as was I----------and chosen to report it to the Vet Board of your state or maybe city.  I am sure you can find the information on line.  No one should be treated like you were, it is unthinkable.

My problem was not really something I could report, and it was a new Vet to us, but he was just so COLD and in MY opinion uncaring and I had to BEG him to give Molly something to calm her down so that I could think. I knew it was her time, but I couldn't process it when she was in such distress.  Granted he was new to us but still it was a given that she had no hope, due to the stroke, but it just felt wrong to me to expect any decision under the circumstances we were in.  He had suggested we drive her 3 hours to a Vet school for an MRI and she was FRANTIC  and suddenly blind.  She was 14 so it was just her time and I accept that, just that he didn't make it any easier for us.  THIS in complete contrast to the VERY PEACEFUL PASSING OF OUR 20 YEAR OLD KITTY A FEW YEARS BEFORE.  So I DO know how this can and should go.

If I were in your shoes, I would report them.  If they were so worried about their money, they could have taken it OUT of the drawer since it was after hours anyway.  What little money was there should NOT have given them the right to treat you like the did when you had a very sick baby.

Hi beaglemomma, Thanks for your input. I think it was totally disrespectful and no one should get treated like we did. I'm just afraid if I go to the vet board to fill out a complaint they may come back to me on something. I don't know if I'm digging a deeper hole. I did call another vet and got my other dogs records transferred to the new vet. Just bad memories at there old vet and for the simple fact how we got mistreated.
Sherry
Quote 0 0
Ciscolala
I'm sorry you've had this experience.  My grief is still very fresh, so I'm sure I have a lot of bias going but I wonder if vets get training on how to deal with grieving pet parents.  I support reporting that kind of episode in your local paper, online with a review of their services during a traumatizing time, and also agree with Janice about reporting it to the vet board.  [/QUO

Hi lillybeans mama, I'm so sorry for your loss. How long ago did you lose your baby? It hurts so bad and last night was probably the worst night case I think it's started to set in more and coming to a reality. I totally felt this weird vibe throughout my body and mind. It was strange and just crying so much. Thanks for you input. I did transfer my other dogs records to the new vet that she's going to. I think this vet is more caring and they don't think about money.
Sherry
Quote 0 0