jmp421075

I have a very sad story to share that just happened to me over the past 24 hours. Last night, my dog got sprayed by a skunk visiting a family members house that my family has been staying with. We left him outside on a leash connected to the wall so he couldn't get loose. We would leave him on there all of the time. Five minutes later, me and my brother get in the car to go get something to get rid of the smell on his fur. Just as we are about to turn down the street, we see my dog walking along a very busy road. I froze in horror and panicked, I didn't know what to do. Me and my brother get out of the car, and my dog sees and hears us. He started running across the street, and to my horror he gets ran over. he layed there helplessly while I immediately started screaming and crying. My mom picked him up off of the street and brought him inside. We took him to an animal hospital right away where they said he might be fine. Turns out he had a broken leg and his hips were displaced and would need a FHO procedure. My family just recently lost our house due to foreclosure, and my brother got into a motorcycle accident which drained a lot of money as well. We didn't know how we were going to pay for it, but knew we would do anything to save our dog. he stayed there overnight and the vet called us this morning with bad news. His leg would not go back into place and he had arthritis in his hips that was just recently developed, the only choice we had was to have him suffer through surgery and never be able to even walk again, or put him to sleep. Of course, loving our dog so much and not wanting him to be in pain, we had to put him to sleep. I didn't even get to say bye, just because I was and still am completely and absolutely horrified and devestated. I still have the image of seeing him getting ran over, and the moments after it happend. I have never been through something this tragic and my dog will be missed. He was my only dog and was 11 years old, I grew up with him as a child. I am 20 now. This is extremely difficult and I don't know if I will ever recover. I am just so sad and horrified that he had to go this way, he was a member of my family that will truley be missed and he was the best dog a family could ask for. He was just made for us. RIP Buddy.

Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
jmp421075.

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved friend under any circumstances is very difficult but please know that Buddy is pain free, running to The Rainbow Bridge.

Hugs,

Chery and Angel Jasmine
Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
jen_075
Jmp,

Aw I am so sorry to hear about your Buddy! I agree with Jasminesmom, Buddy is not suffering, and I bet he's watching over you- he was so lucky to have you, I am sure he was one very special dog!! And I also know how sad you must be. It is so hard, but there are people here who really understand how you feel.

Keep us posted on how you are doing if you like, and my thoughts are with you and your family!

Big Hugs,

Jen

Quote 0 0
dtroedel
Dear Buddy's family,  I am so sorry to hear about your beloved baby.  I know how much it hurts and the guilt you feel.  But know that the Angels were with him right away.  We do not know why things happen.  But I also believe he will return to you.  I lost my Sandy on October 16th to Cancer we did not know she had.  She was 12 and seemed perfectly healthy.  Then within 4 days, bam, she got sick and had to be put down.  It was devastating.  6 months ago I read a book by Dr. Agnes Thomas called Pets Tell the Truth.  I contacted Agnes for a reading. She was so right on it floored me.
I recommend a reading from her for anyone who has lost a pet.  She contacts pets for you.  She is amazing!!!!  I feel so much better and know my Sandy is coming back to me and when.  She also knew my new dog was my previous dog.......how could she know that without me telling her????
My heart goes out to all the families who have lost their babies.  This is the second dog I have lost in 2 years.  First my Mollie and now Sandy.  This website was the one who got me through the death of my first baby.  Thank you to everyone who was there for me.  I just live one day at a time.  Still grieving until she returns.
And it is ok to grieve no matter what anyone says. 
God Bless Buddy and all the babies out there who have just passed on.

Quote 0 0