Forum

Author   Comment  
Echo

Reply with quote  #1 
I lost my little Echo this morning. He was only 3 years old.

We were rear ended on the highway yesterday by a semi truck and my little boy was in the back of our SUV and I'm not sure how it hit him but when we took him to the vet this morning she told us he had a badly broken back bone and if, and it was a big IF, but if they tried to fix it he might not survive and if he did survive he would never have use of his legs again and he loved to run. He never walked he always ran. So the decision was made to end his suffering but my suffering has just begun without him. I blame the driver of the semi for his inattention on the road and for killing my baby.

I have missed him all day. He always had so much energy. In the mornings he'd climb on our bed and he'd come and snuggle beside me or he'd lay across my chest and lick my face. Or he'd run in from playing outside and he'd jump up into my lap. Or if he wanted to get my attention he'd jump up into my lap then his front feet would climb up to my neck and he'd put his face right in mine and I knew he wanted something.

Last night, his last night with us he was hurting so I layed on the floor beside him and I'd pet him whenever he'd cry out. When he went to the vet this morning I thought he'd be coming back home with a cast on his leg. I never expected to be bringing back his lifeless little body. That trucker killed my baby!
CK1991

Reply with quote  #2 
My heart just broke reading your story! What a terrible thing to happen!! It’s good that you were there to comfort your little boy last night and you made the right decision today although I can only imagine how much pain you are in right now! Please continue to post here. Everyone is here because they lost precious souls. I’m so very sorry for your loss! Hugs to you!
CK
Echo

Reply with quote  #3 
It feels awful this morning without my Echo. He would get so excited about going out. Once outside he'd run around the yard and he'd bark at the birds. It was just too quiet this morning.

Our other boy, a German Shepherd keeps looking for his little buddy and he's not there. It breaks my heart every time I see him looking for Echo. It's such an unbearable pain.
BoxerMomForever

Reply with quote  #4 
I’m so sorry, that is awful. Hugs to you....

Reply with quote  #5 
I have such a heaviness in my chest. I'm missing my little boy so much. Would getting another little boy ease my pain? Am I too old to even consider getting another little boy. I miss my Echo so much, I miss his energy, his snuggles and kisses, I miss everything about his wonderful little personality.
Mistysmama

Reply with quote  #6 
I am so deeply sorry about what happened to sweet Echo. His passing at only 3 is so sad. My heart goes out to you in your shock and grief. With my kindest thoughts.....Mistysmama.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
LoveMyBooBoo

Reply with quote  #7 
Oh my dear , My soul hurts for you pain sweetheart 😭😭. What a horrible tragic event. There are no words. You did the right thing the hardest thing for you baby. Don’t be afraid to get mad get sad get it out. Your going to have so many emotions. But your not alone hon. There are lots of good people here to help you through this very hard time. We all care very much and I’m personally hurting just hearing about this terrible event. Please don’t be afraid to lean on the people here when you get really sad. I lost my Boo Boo recently not like this and he was old but we all feel your loss and your pain. We are here to help hold you up. Be kind to yourself now more than ever. Wishing you peace,☮️😇💝🐶
Suzette
Echo

Reply with quote  #8 
I am having a bad day today. Missing my little boy so much. The weather is miserable and depressing and that is adding to my depression. My head is really hurting. I'm not sure if it's from the whiplash or from crying so much for my baby.

I really appreciate everyone's sympathetic messages. Thank you.

I am still so mad at the driver of the semi that rear ended us. Why couldn't he have gone to the right of us instead of plowing in to us.
dontharmanimals

Reply with quote  #9 
Echo must have been so special. I'm so sorry this happened to you. 
Echo

Reply with quote  #10 
Yes Echo was my special little boy. He was supposed to be my last little boy before I got too old. He was supposed to be with me 10 or 15 more years. He was such a good snuggler and I loved him for it.
nutzforgerbils

Reply with quote  #11 
Soo sorry to hear about this tragedy.  I would consider getting another dog, maybe a rescue, just start by looking online and then seeing what dogs are available near you, you deserve to love another dog and give another a wonderful life. Take it easy on yourself, give yourself time to grieve and you will know when you are ready.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.