Failure1106
Accidents are the worst way you can lose a pet. My pet budgie Eloise was killed today when she got her head caught in the cage bars & her neck was broken. I spotted her lying feet up, dead on top of the cage. She was so feisty, & beautiful and compassionate, too. She was a pastel rainbow with a splash of color on her back. The worst thing but fatal accidents & the guilt you feel. You feel responsible, you weren't watching them closely, you failed them, you're guilty. Last November, I lost my cocktail MOJO when she collided with a closing door &she suffered a mortal head injury. I can't get rid of the guilt. I should have reacted more quickly & moved in front of Mojo; I should have kept a closer eye on Eloise. I hope my other 5 birds don't meet with the same fate. I wonder if there's something bad inside me that's caused the deaths of the birds I loved & treated and fed well & provided for so lovingly. I'm only now praying for my surviving birds,that they can avoid the tragic trauma that cost the others their lives. I could come to terms with a terminal illness, eventually. A fatal accident (in this case,two) will haunt me for the rest of my life & the way I feel now, maybe it should.
Quote 0 0
ebbsmom
I'm so sorry for Eloise and you both.  Guilt is a normal part of grieving, but you can't anticipate every single instance in your pet's life.  Just as a mother could not be responsible if her human child is struck down by a tragic accident.  That' just what it was - a tragic accident.  You did nothing to cause it - and the depth of your grief only reflects the depth of your love.  Please be kind to yourself.  Keeping you in my thoughts.
Love you to the moon and back....
Quote 0 0
naturegirl076
So sorry for your loss. Praying for you....
Spence's Mom
Quote 0 0