suezee27
I lost Sammy yesterday morning.  July 3rd.  We had a tragic accident in our yard and my beautiful loving puppy got run over by a trailer.  My husband rushed him to the hospital, but he passed away 19 1/2 hours later.  I don't know how to deal with the guilt and all the "if only I" "we should have" and why's?  I am so deeply grieved.  I know it just happened, but I am such a mess.  It was horrific.  He was the cutest puppy I had ever seen.  We just got him on Easter Sunday.  I was in love with him the moment I set eyes on him.  Everything gone in an instant.  I will always see the sight when I looked under the trailer.  It will haunt me.  I am so sorry Sammy.  Mommy misses you with all her heart and I am just so sorry.  I love you.
Quote 0 0
P_Mom
That is so devastating.  I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Sammy.  Accidents can happen so quickly.  I can't imagine what you and your husband are going through, but sending huge hugs and comfort your way.  XO Jennifer 
Jennifer
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Dear Susezee,

I am so sorry for what your puppy "Sammy" experienced and for what you and your husband are going through.

This is much more common than one would think. Including dogs escaping off of leashes and harnesses and running into traffic out of the blue directly in front of their homes when they had never, not ever done that before. There are posts all through this forum over the years posted by pet parents who experienced what you have. Then there are cases of dogs drowing in the family pool. Or dying in the rear of hot cars. You can search for them in the archived posts to verify that you are not alone and these types of accidents are tragically common.

The truth is we live in a very dangerous and precarious World where accidents happen all over the planet every single minute. Even for us humans, it is a miracle we survive past being a toddler. So, so much can happen to us. We can slip and fall. Things can fall and hit us in the head. We can become ill. We can be born with defects that catch-up with us. etc.

Our beloved pets at times mean well, but get overly excited when playing, become sneaky as part of their playing, or push the envelope when playing to have more fun etc. and make a mad dash where they shouldn't. Even older, more experienced dogs have darted directly in front of their parents cars or trucks pulling into a driveway out of the blue and gotten injured and/or killed. Or cats will sleep directly under the backend of tires or up in wheel wells etc. even though they know that our vehicles roll and are large etc. They just take risks that they shouldn't and sudden and unexpected accidents happen due to that. Even people who are very, very careful in life at all times, plan for every contingency have accidents. At times accidents are just unavoidable. It is just a part of life sadly.

You can easily tell how much you loved, cherished and adored your beloved "Sammy." It is so obvious in all of your words. The level of grief you are experiencing is the level of the love that your puppy experienced from you during the time that he was with you. So he realized fully how much you loved him all the days that you were together.

Kind regards & my sincerest condlences,
James
Quote 2 0
kikis_mom_1118
Im sorry that happened to you and your family. I know you feel bad and we don't know why things like this happen. Just continue to write out your grief and pain here in this forum. It really does help.
Quote 0 0