Cat_dad
Hi,
Just found this forum and so glad I did.

So in the early hours of Wednesday 2nd October we lost our gorgeous girl Polo. She was 19 and we had her since she was about 8 week's old.
She seemed a bit uncomfortable on Tuesday evening so we made the decision to get her to the vet at 9am. We headed to bed and my wife went to check on her about 2am and sadly she was gone. We were both inconsolable.

Basically myself and my wife had her nearly half our own lives. She was our baby.

She was mostly black with a small patch of white on her neck. An absolutely wonderful, amazing bundle of love.

She was just everything to both of us and the pain we are both feeling has been pretty relentless.
She was such a healthy cat and I think she was only at the vet a few times for pretty minor things.

Our house just feels so empty. I still expect to see her come through the door, if only she did 😭

We moved house a few times and she always made herself at home.

We had her cremated and pick her up this Monday so at least she will be home.

I have never cried as much in my whole life and I'm a 41y/o male!
We will eventually get another pet but there will never be another Polo 😪

Quote 0 0
GregG56
Cat_dad,

I am very sorry to hear about your sweet Polo, my heart breaks for you and your wife. I am grieving now for my sweet Dachshund Autumn Leaves who will be gone 1 week tomorrow at 1:45 PM. I had to make the gut wrenching decision to end her life. She was so sick. I still cant believe she's gone, just one week ago today she was alive. I am glad you came to this site to share, we all can relate to what you and your wife must be going through, I hope this site will be as healing and therapeutic to you and your wife as it has for me. Give yourself time to grieve, its a normal process it just takes time, and its  OK to cry, I am a 63 year old male I am still crying off and on for the last 6 days. Take care, 

Greg
Greg Grimsley
Quote 0 0
pannklaus
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Polo.   You are right--there will never be another Polo.  You may get another pet in the future but he/she will have a different personality and do different things.  Right now you are going through the intense grief which is normal after we lose a special fur baby who was very much loved.  Everything seems empty; you see Polo's presence everywhere and keep expecting her to walk through the door. 

Some of this may go on for a long time.  I lost my fur baby cat Lenny in February and still expect him to walk in the door or jump in my lap sometimes--and then I remember.  The grief gets less intense for most of us over time but there is always a hole in our hearts which nothing else can fill.

You are with people here who understand and will grieve with you as you grieve over the loss of your precious Polo.
Patsy
Quote 0 0
Cat_dad
Thank you both for your very kind words. It's good to have somewhere where people understand what you are going through as not everyone understands how much our beloved pets mean to us.

Greg-
So sorry for the loss of Autumn Leaves. They leave a huge hole in our lives that will never be filled.
I'm sure like us you have wonderful happy memories to help you.

Look after yourself.

Pannklaus-
Gutted for the loss of Lenny. I'm sure time eventually heals us to a certain point but we will never fully get over our loss.

Memories are all we have and the good thing is we all build up so many over the years that our gorgeous pet's will stay with us forever.

Take care.
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Cat_Dad,
I am so very sorry for the loss of your cat baby. Like you, I lost my cat of 19 years 4 weeks ago this past Thursday. 19 years is such a long time and they were always there with us through the good times and the bad times. Mine was with me when I loss my husband in 2009. He was his baby first because he found him in our backyard. It's like losing him again too. Knowing he is with his daddy again helps just a little bit.
I wish there was words that can take you and your wife's pain away. Time does heal some of the pain. I'm glad you found this site as well. There are so many loving and supportive people here that understands the pain you are going through. Keep on writing to let us know how you's are doing. Writing has helped me tremendously. You are not alone. Hugs.
Quote 0 0
Parkersmum
Cat_Dad

I'm so sorry for your loss. Polo sounds like an amazing wee cat who was just as lucky to have you as you were to have her. Big hugs to you and your wife x
Quote 0 0
Cat_dad
Becky1990,

Thank you for your kind words.

So sorry for your loss.
That's pretty tough what you have been through.
I think it does help talking to people through this forum as we understand what everyone is feeling.

Take care.
Quote 0 0
Cat_dad
Parkersmum,

I'm very grateful for your lovely words they are truly appreciated.
Thank you.
Quote 0 0