nebiolth
I just wanted to write for I am having a tough time this afternoon. Jayda passed away two weeks ago[ tomorrow] and this is the first Monday after coming home from work she is not here for me to throw the ball with her. Wow, what an empty feeling. At times ----with prayer----and [my faith I will see her again when my time is called by the Lord to leave this Earth], I do better. Then, like this afternoon, I struggle.
Thanks for listening.
Tom
Quote 0 0
Daisymaesdaddy
Hey Tom,
I feel your grief. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since my Daisy Mae and I said goodbye. How right you are. What a tough day today. She was on my mind all day.. Seems like the weekly anniversaries are the worst. The weekends truly suck. The empty feelings just plain hard to take. I come home from work and she's no longer there to greet me like she did every day for almost 14 years. When I come in the door I call her name.....I don't know why....I just do it. She doesn't come. Then the tears begin to flow and the disbelief that she's gone becomes overwhelming. For me it seems to get harder as time goes on. When I come here I do find some relief and comfort but when I'm alone it gets unbearable. Like you I pray. Like you I have faith that my baby girl and I will be together again. That is all we can do Tom, keep the faith and keep our babies alive in our hearts.
Take care. I will keep you in my thoughts.

David
Quote 0 0
nebiolth
David,
 Thanks. I truly appreciate your response to know we all comfort each other over the grief of our beloved pets. I teach school[ and I put a recent picture of Jayda on my board] and when I am alone I speak to her. It helps for awhile. Then, in the morning[ and I get up early] I look for her and[ finally] say a tearful good-morning to her Urn in the kitchen.
Have a Blessed evening!
 Tom
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Dear Tom,
I am so sorry for your loss of Jayda.
But do talk to her. She may be able to hear you! Some do stick around a while before moving on. Some come back again even after that, for visits!

I talk to Misty frequently. I was doing that today when on a favourite walk of ours. I could sense her presence a bit and was full of love and happiness about that.
Anyway....I was walking by the river bank, and chatting away to Misty's spirit! Suddenly I saw a fisherman lurking on the bank (I hadn't seen him quickly enough, and I know he heard me 'talking to myself').....so guess what I did? Pretended I was holding a phone in my hand!

Yes I know -a  nutty dog-woman walking around the fields!

But I shall never stop talking to my Misty, as long as I am conscious.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
heartsick

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet precious Jayda.

Grief is awful and there is nothing else like this pain.

I am divorced - when I was married I buried my son- at that time I became a Certified Grief Counselor- I used the same graveside service for my Bear as I did for my son.

Please know that when we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them -

LOVE NEVER DIES.

The soul bound connection that is between our babies and ourselves is forever.

Nothing - not death- tears -grief - or sadness will ever break the ties between us for those ties are made of LOVE so strong that NOTHING will ever sever those connections.

LOVE NEVER DIES.

When we grieve for those we love it is because we do not quite know how to live without them. We breathe because we have no choice but the living part takes a huge amount of learning and time.

Grief is not something we get over but something that we learn -slowly- over time- to incorporate into our lives until it becomes a part of us like our bones and our breath.

Please know that we all understand here and we are all here for you.

We are all in this together and all walking the same roller coaster path of grief together -

some a bit ahead of you, some by your side, and some will come behind for you to help along.

Grief takes time. It usually takes the whole first year of “firsts” without them to take a true deep breath again. Be kind to yourself. None of this is easy.

I am here for you.

We are all here for you and we care about you and we understand.

You Are In My Thoughts.                                      

Susan(heartsick)

Quote 0 0