TootiesGuardian
It has been two difficult weeks since my girl's been gone.  I miss her so dang much!  It still hurts so bad being without my angel.

I had a memorial service for her today.  I made a program with her picture on it and some beautiful scriptures.  I lit a candle and prayed for her the best I could.  I'm not a beautiful prayer.  All I know to do is talk to God.

I kept my girl's bed, and always will.  I love to bury my face in her pillow to smell her scent.  It brings me comfort.  The day after Tootie passed away, I took some scotch tape and rolled it around some of her hairs.  I still get to feel her.  I also took some laminate and laminated some of her hair.  I found one of her nail "casings" on the floor after she was gone.  I will always keep these things from my darling girl.

I told you guys that the morning after Tootie died, we heard her sweet meow.  It was so wonderful!  I had sent a picture of my girl to may aunt.  She never got a picture of Tootie.  She got a picture of a blue sky with white clouds.  I do not have a picture like that.

Tootie used to share a pillow with me sometimes.  A few days ago I felt something brushing up against my hair after I laid down in bed.  I had been begging her to visit me, and I'm quite certain she did.  It wasn't Cookie.  She was at the foot of the bed.  This morning my husband is quite certain that after he woke up, he saw the shadowy figure of a cat on the dresser.  Tootie never got on the furniture except for the couch and my chair.  He was so surprised he almost said, "Tootie, what are you doing up there?"  It's amazing getting glimpses of her.  I know she is trying to comfort us.  It's so beautiful.  It makes my heart swell with love and pride for my Tootie.

You guys have been so wonderful and sweet to me.  I am so grateful for your kind and loving support.  I will never forget it.  I wanted to share a picture of Tootie's Special Place in my desk. 

xoxo,

Sherry

"There's a Better Home Awaiting in the Sky Lord in the Sky"
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
judylinn
Sherry, it is so nice that you are getting such wonderful signs from Tottie. you are blessed that that is happening. I wished for that kind of thing too, but it doesn't happen that way for me.
The biggest one came, after I was by the creek crying and talking to Maddie, and I asked for a sign...then I climbed back up the bank, and a wonderful yellow lab came bounding up to me...I talked to the owner and told him about Maddie...then I went onto a little bridge and did some breathing excercises to release the stress. The man came back, and said is wife and him were going away for 4-6 weeks RV ing ..they had a housesitter, and she would walk the dog, but he said, YOU look like you need to walk our dog.  A complete stranger..I called the wife that night, and I told her to get a reference from my vet, who as it turns out was also her vet. amazing since its in the next town, and 45 minutes drive.
Anyway, I walked the dog with the owner, and went to see the dog today, to meet the housesitter...and I will be walking Jake as often as I can while they are away. I really hit it off with the woman, and she said, eveb when they come back, if I want to go for walks with Jake that would be okay.
So that is how my sign happened...and I know beyond a doubt that this was from Maddie.
It is so nice that you get the confirmation that it is tootie, because its happening to your husband as well. enjoy and take comfort in the love, that she is still giving you.  Judy
Quote 0 0
CrazyCatLady
I'm sorry for your loss.  I can totally empathize with you because I lost my Jack eight days ago and the pain is still fresh.  You're lucky that you're getting all these signs from her.  She's letting you know that for all the time that you watched after her, it's her turn now to watch after you.
Quote 0 0
Polly
How wonderful that you are receiving so many signs from Tootie, they must bring you so much peace. It just proves that she loved you so much in life that, now you are grieving, she wants to comfort you by alerting both of you with her presence. How wonderful!

Polly
Quote 0 0
GrievingGinger
Sherry, you are so lucky to receive so many sweet signs.  Tootie still loves you and is still protecting you now.
Quote 0 0
Bearkittysmom
Sherry,
Its so beautiful that Tootie is sending you these comforting signs. She is letting you know how very much she loves you and is helping you through this difficult time. Whenever you write about her I can feel the great connection you have with her.  I wish I could have a sign from my precious Bear kitty. I have been praying that he will visit me in some way. I still listen for his morning meows and I still expect to see him in the kitchen window enjoying the morning sun when I go into make coffee in the mornings.  I know what you are going through and my prayers are with you.
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Thank you all so much for your kind, sweet words.  You are all so wonderful and precious.  I know my girl is with me.  She had such a strong and magnificent spirit when she was alive.  We did have such a strong bond. 

Judy,

I'm so glad that Maddie sent the other yellow lab for you to be close to and spend time with.  You are so lucky to have that.  You're Maddie is watching over you!

Bearkittysmom,

Bless your heart too!  I'm so sorry for your losing your baby too!  I can see in my mind him enjoying the morning sun and greeting you in the morning.  How beautiful.  I hope he visits you soon.

GrievingGinger,

Thank you so much!  I've been thinking about you this morning.  It breaks my heart knowing what you're going through.  I'm so sorry for the grief you are enduring.  As you said, you just have to hold on and be strong.  My heart goes out to you.

CrazyCatLady,

From one Crazy Cat Lady to another, thank you! :) I appreciate your lovely words.  I'm so very sorry that you lost your Jack.  I know the pain you are feeling.  Bless your heart!

Polly,

Thank you!  It does bring me peace and comfort knowing my Tootie is still with us.  Tootie was such a selfless cat/person.  She nevered bothered anyone.  She had so much soul.  She loved her mom and dad.

xoxo to all of you!

Sherry

P.S. Did the picture show up of Tootie's special place?  I'm not sure why I'm now having trouble viewing the pictures I'm posting.  I didn't before.

Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian

I'm going to try to post Tootie's place again.  I'm going to try to post a lovely mural of Heaven.  It shows a rainbow in the middle.  There are lots of animals on Earth surrounding Adam and Eve.  Eve is holding a fluffy white cat in her lap.  It's so lovely.

Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0