Davey Show full post »
ahartofilis
Davey, I am very sorry for your loss with Gracey. It is obvious that you loved her and gave her a great life. I could feel your anguish in every detail of your last day with her. Even if it is the right time, we are never really ready in our hearts to let them go. I had a Lab and she was my faithful devoted companion for 10 yrs. This past Nov. she was diagnosed with bone cancer. Three weeks later on Dec 7th, I had to let her go. I know in my mind that it was the right thing to do. My heart is not so accepting of it.  
  You and your wife very lovingly did the right thing for her. We never want to see our companions suffer with no way to fix it. That's how it was with my girl too. You loved her until her last breath on this earth. She knew that, and always will! I hope you find comfort here. The road that grief takes us on can be a long painful one. You are not alone. Many here are traveling that same road and are sharing their experiences.
 My girls name is Coco. She is there to welcome and care for Gracey at the bridge. They are healthy and happy now, running together and smelling every fresh blade of grass along the way............peace and healing to you,..............Sincerely, Andrea
Quote 0 0
Davey
Thank you so much and to all! Its tough and still hurt very much. Her toys, bowls and beds are a daily reminder, I will keep them around for a bit. Miss you Gracey!
Quote 0 0
Jimbo106
Bumping above the spammers
Quote 0 0
Tanya78
Davey.... I'm sorry to hear this. We just had to put down our 7 year old lab because of cancer a couple hours ago too. It's not easy. Remember the happy years you had with her. As much as it hurts because we have a hole in our hearts we all know they are forever with us.
Quote 0 0
Davey
Tanya, so sorry! It just sucks, I'm getting by, but been off work due to injury, so being at home and not seeing and hearing her has been very tough. Thank you, take care of yourself.
Quote 0 0
RosesRed
So sorry for your loss. We had a half Lab German Shepherd. He was 13 and would have turned 14 in July. Everywhere I turn I see him. We had to put him down on Saturday. I feel your pain and you are not alone. Coming home now is so hard. I miss his wagging tail and joy when we'd come home....
Quote 0 0