Kippers_Memory
Today at 4:15pm will make a whole week since my baby boy Kipper left us. This past week has been a complete nightmare to me! It still seems so surreal that he's really truly gone! I never imagined life without even though I knew at some point down the road it has to happen, ya know? It's like when it did, I didn't and still don't want to accept or believe it.

This has made me honestly feel true heart break. I thought many times before in different situations and even passings of family that I knew and felt heart break; oh but no! Losing my best furry friend of almost 17 years has been the ultimate heart break in my heart. I swear I have hurt to the point where I'd give my own life just to be with him again, I just miss him that much! And that's crazy just losing a cat that I've been with since I was 14 years old has that much of an affect on me. But it does.

I will be 31 in September and I grew up with Kitty in the most difficult times of my life with that boy. When I was going through all the teenage years and the problems that brings you, he was there when I had no one else. When I'd cry alone in my bedroom of silly break ups or silly arguments with friends, I always had him to comfort me when I felt all alone in the world. When I had my first job and cried because I hated it, he was there to hold and listen to me cry. When I hit adulthood, going out into the world and was scared to death of my future, at least I knew I could come home every night and hug up on him to make me feel better. He was apart of everything. He was always apart of holidays, birthdays, get togethers, births of great grand kids; I mean he was family to all us.

Now, he's a memory. A conversation. A photo. That breaks my heart so much to say. I just want him back as selfish as I'm being. I want the Kipper that was fuzzy, fat, frisky and silly back. I just want my love back.
Kipper Patrick
Resting Peacefully since 6/29/2018
Till we meet again
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
This is going to be such a hard day, it already is. Remembering the place, the time such emotional triggers. Take your time. Are you by yourself right now? He is such a large part of your family I hope you’ll have someone by your side. It is one of the worst, harshest times in our lives, losing your soulmate takes on a whole unknown grief. Their is no easy way to get through it and the ‘surreal’ feeling? I, we know exactly how you feel. It truly feels like you are on the outside looking in. I was numb for a very long time. I didn’t even begin looking for a place to express my feelings for many weeks. After trying many other ways to cope. It’s a process that has to be gone through, or expressed. I don’t believe grief leaves, but you find ways to live and cope with it. You grew up with Kipper, your life is made of memories shared through many milestones of years. He is your your best friend and gave you consistent unconditional love. I strongly believe that the soul you love and miss so much is with you. The body grows old, everything we see, feel, their scent, left. But that loving bond carries on in your heart and is his soul. Hold on to that and be kind to yourself,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
SamuelLDogson
I am so incredibly sorry and am so sad for you. Cats are such wonderful pets. They touch parts of us that need to be awakened and are such gentle creatures. You made it a week, and as sad as it has been, maybe take comfort that this week was incredibly hard and then it will be two weeks, three, so on, and one day, you will feel that sadness but remember the early weeks like it was somewhat of a different time. Your love for her was very pervasive and deep and was so reciprocated.

A week ago today, my dog suffered heatstroke, for which I still feel such guilt and I thought he would pull through but he didn't, and we put him down a few days later. I haven't stopped crying. A few days later, I went out and decided to foster another rescue that was not going to make it if she didn't find a home and she's a good dog but no Sammy. I'm sure that if I keep her, my love for her will grow just as much but no other dog could possibly compare, I'm sure. 

My heart is with you as well. 

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” – Anatole France

Quote 0 0
stillmaudesmom80
I'm so sorry for your loss. 17 years wow! He had a great run. I know it wasn't long enough. It never is. It's hard to adjust to life without animals when they've been with us so long. I had my Maude 14 years and she helped me through a lot. I want her back often as selfish as that is. You're welcome to talk more if you'd like
Quote 0 0
PipersMother
I am so sorry for your loss.  Kipper saw you through many formative years and all that goes with it, and it truly is a heartbreak to lose a pet after so much time. My Miranda was 22 when she passed away last month and like you, I knew it was coming and I even prepared as best as I could but there really is no way to prepare.  I am grateful for her 22 years, but she saw me through a lifetime of stuff and I have no idea how to go on without her.  She's as much a part of me as my right arm. 

You are so right, suddenly they are a memory, a photo on the wall, a conversation.  I felt exactly that way when my Piper died last August at the age of 11.  I wanted her sweet face plastered all over the walls so it felt like she was still here but at the same time I couldn't stand having her reduced to just a photo on the wall.    So I put all the photos on the couch and the bed so I could at least snuggle and hold them.  Months later I was finally able to hang them on the walls.  One minute they're here and the next they are memories, photos and videos that you replay over and over again.  And one of the worst parts is that a lot of other people don't understand how deep the loss is.  We deal with it largely alone, and (thank goodness) with the help of support groups like this. 

Blessings to you, and I hope for your continued healing.  And blessings to your Kipper for the life he lived. He was here and he mattered. 
Quote 0 0
Kippers_Memory
Thank all you lovely people for the kind words. We got our baby's ashes today and I didn't want to but I just had to see them. My mom and I just held his little bag as he returned to dust. We both just kept saying we never in a million years would have ever imagined that's the way we'd see him. I broke down and just cried. My mom will be keeping him with her by her bedside. She's taking it really hard I believe. Kipper was truly her companion. She was with him day and night through this last months. I got to where I couldn't bare to see him. I didn't wanna see him like that. But now I regret it so much because now I'd do anything to have more time with him.

I have a recsue kitty we've had since April and as much as I enjoy and love her, Kipper is my baby boy. She reminds me so much of him though when he was younger so it helps in ways.

My heart is with each on of you who has or is going through what I am going through. Our animals is our babies and losing one rips your heart out just as losing a human. I miss my cat so dang bad it hurts to even wake up. My Kippys 17th birthday in this Thursday. I dread it. We always threw him a little birthday and got him new treats and toys. I miss baby so so much. I'll always love him.

Love and comfort for my fellow fur parents and May our babies have peace and with us always.
Kipper Patrick
Resting Peacefully since 6/29/2018
Till we meet again
Quote 0 0
Sil
Kippers Memory,

I am truly sorry for your loss of Kipper.  What a beautiful fur baby.  Our pets become one of our focal points of our existence.  When they say good bye, they leave us "numb" with pain.  It is really hard to navigate life without their presence.  They stay by our side, giving us their "all" 'till they say good bye.  I, we understand your pain, and please believe me, you are not alone.  We all have lost a special fur, feather, scale baby.  In this forum, you will find a community full with compassion, and empathy for your loss.
Again, I am sorry for your loss.  Hugs
Quote 0 0
Snowfire
Gosh I so relate and sorry Kipper gone. Lucky cat to have had you.
Quote 0 0
exit30
You never have to make excuses for the pain you are feeling, we all know how unbearable it is, there is nothing like it in the world. None of us are ever prepared for it, we think that our best friend will live forever, but it's not reality. I too would give anything to sit with all my lost buddies even if only for 5 minutes, but we have to believe we will be reunited one day. Hang in there, the hole left in your heart will never completely heal, and even years later you will see or hear something that reminds you of them and will just lose it. Time, that's all you can do is take time, mourn, be angry, cry, do whatever you need to cope with the loss. We have all been there, and will be again someday. 
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
"A memory, a conversation, a picture. " I think this finality is what I'm struggling with. I had a final week with my Rookie; a week where I tried to help him recover, but his passing was still too sudden and soon.

Kipper is beautiful and i'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you're having an okay day.
Quote 0 0