BorderCollieLover
Today would've been my beloved Shelby's 19th birthday.  I got her as a rescue back in 2002 (May 6th) when she was only (8) months old. She had a long, healthy life for (18) years. I was so very fortunate to have celebrated all (18) of her birthdays with her. Each year we would get her a birthday cake and trim it with toppings and candles. The tradition started with a small cupcake topped with (1) candle on her 1st and morphed into a big, cream filled vanilla cake on each birthday thereafter. In honor of my special Border Collie, I lit (19) candles this morning as a tribute to her earthly presence. She is forever preserved in my heart and mind and will be as long as I walk this Earth. I am still not able (it's been 11 months now) to post her pictures (it's too hurtful) but have furnished photos of other Border Collies as a tribute to my little champion.  Shelby my little baby, I will love you forever. You were the best. I am starting to cry as I write this. 
Birthdat Candles downsized.jpg  Beautiful Border Collie downsized.jpg  Border Collies are like no other dog on earth (1).jpg  Border Collie Catching Frisbee (2).jpg  Border Collie Wishing Everyone a very happy New Year downsized.jpg 

Yours in the magnificence of the Border Collie,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 1 0
P_Mom
Happy Birthday to Shelby. May she be romping and playing with all our babies at the rainbow bridge. Border Collies are beautiful dogs. You gave her a great life and fun celebrations. My boy's birthday is in October. He would be 16. I know it will be so hard. 💔
Jennifer
Quote 0 0
Monroegirl
(((Hugs))) What a beautiful tradition for your Shelby. 
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Jennifer:

Thanks very much for your kind words. Yes, Shelby had a long, wonderful life with me. Next month will be the (1) year anniversary of my girl's passing and I know it's going to be very tough. I wish you much peace and solace when October rolls around and it's your Boy's birthday. Once again, Thanks for your response.

Andrea: 

I appreciate so much your comforting words regarding my Shelby's yearly birthday tradition. It started with a small cupcake and (1) candle and progressed to a big, vanilla creamed cake with (18) candles in the ensuing years. I miss her so much. She was my Soul-Mate.

Fondly,
Jim Miller (Shelby's Daddy) 
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Jim, you have just sent all sorts of lovely things to Shelby in the Dog-spirit-World. Frisbees, your love, and a splendid vanilla cake with 19 candles which surely will sparkle the whole place where she is. Where she is  she will be able to eat so much of it without getting tummy ache, and may be able to share it with oher dogs.

Blessings dear Shelby, dear Border Collie and always loved forever by Jim.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Mistysmama:

Thank You so much for your comforting words. You always seem to know the right thing to say. Yes, I really miss that little girl. We were like two peas in a pod.  Always together, always in sync with one another and always happy together. 

Fondly,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 1 0
Roe
Happy birthday Shelby.  You sound like me with the birthday cakes .  I gave my dog a party every year with grab bags for my grand children and I made homemade cake for Hollie and would share it with all her doggie friends in our complex.  I miss her so much that it hurts . She would have been 15 in October .  We were blessed to have them give us so much joy for as long as they did.  You are not alone and we are together.  My Hollie is gone 3 weeks and I can’t verbally mention her name without crying .  So sad and lost without her. HB to your fur baby and hope she takes my Hollie as her friend at
Rainbow Bridge.
Quote 1 0
BoxerMomForever
Jim ~ You were in my thoughts ~ I know how hard it is the first birthday without them.  But those dates are etched in our minds, we will never forget them.  I like your candles tribute to Shelby.   
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Roe:

Thanks for your response about my beloved Shelby. I know that you miss your  Hollie  dearly. Getting a birthday cake for our little companions is the least that we can do for them considering that they give us so much more. You can't even put a price tag on their love and commitment to us. Hollie sounds like a wonderful dog. She will be forever embedded in your heart.

Fondly,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Linda:

Thanks so much for your uplifting words. Yes, the 1st year without them is pure torture. I do find some peace when I visit AG, but that is short-lived. Today I miss her more than ever. I've been going out early (before work) and riding my bicycle. The exercise does seem to keep me calm. I think I would be in bad shape without it.

Fondly,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0