Lilimarie
I called off from work today. I fibbed and said I wasn't feeling well, but the truth is I'm really not feeling well. The grief takes it's toll on you. It's been 2 weeks since Benni had his tragic accident and I still struggle with this daily. This is also the anniversary of losing our cat Ozzie who was with us 14 years. He was rescued from a very bad home and he became Benni's babysitter when he was rescued as a 5 week old puppy. They even had the same coloring. Benni thought he was a cat at times. It was really cute to watch them play. We lit candles last night to send them both love and light. I'm just praying for a better day tomorrow because today I didn't have energy to deal with anything. I'm still having trouble getting used to Benni not following me around everywhere and snuggling with me at night. I wish everyone on here peace and love.ozandben.jpg
Quote 0 0
loft2111
So sorry for your loss, they are both adorable.  I too took many days off when my Little Man passed 7 weeks ago, I couldn't even think or function.  Only recently has the loss really sunk in and I try to move on with my life, it's not easy but there is no other way.  Take care.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
I'm sorry for you loss Lillimarie.  You didn't fib, you weren't feeling well and that's the truth.  Has only been a couple of weeks for you and everything is very raw.  Hard when they leave so quickly without warning.  I understand completely.  I still can't function 7 weeks later.   Take care of yourself...grief takes its own time.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
Benni is such a handsome baby! He has those soulful eyes that can make your heart melt. Yes, the world expects you to keep on going like everything is fine but the truth is grief is very exhausting. To me it's like a roller coaster. I have a toddler to watch over and one on the way so I get busy but when I have a moment alone I just cry and cry and cry. It's good for you to take care of yourself and spend a day remembering the good times with Benni, like cuddling up and having a movie night with him, and also to let the tears flow.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
Katel
I hope your day off helped you to recharge a little.  You're so right about grief being exhausting.
Your babies were adorable.   Yesterday would have been so difficult for you. Peace and love to you. 
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Grief can totally de-energise you. It's debilitating, exhausting, and relentlessly cruel. I know exactly how you feel and can understand your situation.

Your babies are beautiful. Look at that little Benni, wow, what a cutie pie he is. And your cat, Ozzie. Now he is a handsome boy. The pain will be with you for a while, so let the grief take you where it will until you can cope better with it. I'm having to do that myself – losing my cat in July, and my dog in September, has been a massive blow for me, and boy, do I sometimes feel like I'm going nuts. Losing my two precious furry friends has knocked the stuffing out of me. I often look to the heavens and ask why both of them? One is bad enough, why take both of them, and in pretty quick succession? The answer is as remote as the sun.

I wish you peace and comfort in grieving for beautiful little Benni. Take care.

Hugs to you.

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
Lilimarie,
I am so very sorry for your loss. As others have said you did not fib, your not feeling well and it is a lot to take in. December 14th makes 4mts that my sweet angel Mattie went to the Rainbow Bridge and I still am having a hard time. People say it gets easier I still am waiting. Know your not alone, so many caring and wonderful people on this forum. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you may fine a little comfort.

God Bless
( Hugs )

Woofs and Wags to all the fur angles
Love you to the Moon and Back my sweet Mattie Girl
Forever a paw print on my heart
Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
Lilimarie
Thank you everyone for the genuine support and caring. I feel like most people don't get it or understand the pain we feel. I thought with the days passed I'd feel stronger, but I'm actually feeling weaker. The reality of my boy being gone forever sets in and my nights have been longer and lonelier. Tomorrow marks the 2nd week and I've just felt the need to cry and hide inside. I am disconnected at work and when I get home I just want to melt into my sofa, which I know isn't healthy, so tonight I will force myself to the gym. And of course say a prayer for Benni. I love you, my boy.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
I totally understand your pain.  Has been over 7 weeks for me and the only  thing getting me through is the meds the doctor gave me.  My doctor totally understood how I felt.  It is so hard when the reality starts to set it, you just don't want to believe it.  I look at my babys picture and ask her when is she coming back.  I cry every night still and sleep with her picture.  I see how uncomfortable people get when I speak of her, but that's too bad... she is my baby and always will be.  Take care of yourself...for your Benni.  You will Benni at the bridge one day!  HUGS

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0