Rainbow2020
My sweet girl was euthanized seven days ago. We were together 16 years and she died in my arms. It was the worst thing in the world. She was suffering from a few things, one of them dementia that progressed very quickly. I’m feeling guilt for leaving her body there. I wish I could have taken her home and buried her. (I’m a renter so ...). I just feel so bad for leaving her at the vets. I wish I could have scooped her up and brought her home.🥺😔
Quote 0 0
mrcatsam
Hi Rainbow,

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. That is such a horrible thing, isn't it? Grief is, I suppose, like a club, and once you're in, you're there for life. I wish I could say something good about the Club, but it's impossible because it's such a sad, horrible thing to experience. And what's worse is that it feels as if there's no reason to feel the way you feel. But I'm here, we, on this forum are here to tell you that you're not alone, and we have all been "accepted" into the "Club". Take it step by step, week by week, and we'll be right by your side.

Condolences and regards,

Sam
Samuel
Quote 1 0
LaGata
I, too, am sorry for your loss.  My baby died in my bed while I was stroking her coat.  I had no clue what was about to happen and just how much it would change my life.  She was purring, looking at me as I smiled back.  Then came this deep breath and she raised her head up a little off my legs.  It went right back down.  It was then I saw she wasn't breathing.  Tried cpr but her jaws locked tight.  I lost all reason to live in those few moments....and I still haven't.
Quote 0 0
mrcatsam
I'm so sorry that happened to you that way. She died in your arms, which is a horrible, floating feeling that never wears off, no matter how long you're alive, I suppose. And yet life goes on, but it doesn't. It's a horrible internal struggle.
If you're feeling like this, I'm always here to listen and help you as best I can. Consider it two people with broken legs trying to support each other. We are struggling, and we know each other's struggles, and I'll be there to keep you standing.

Mrcatsam
Samuel
Quote 0 0