CharlotteTaylor
Hello to anyone who reads this.

My Mum has just taken my gorgeous boy to the vets. I am devastated.

I am just sat at my desk with tears running down my face.

Please, if you could, just keep him in your thoughts.

I can't explain how much this hurts. But I am sure you all know.

I don't know how to say goodbye.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Goodbye love, goodbye love. Just came to say, goodbye love. Goodbye."

Toby's sister.
Quote 0 0
lrlookadoo
My dear sweet Charlotte,

There is no true way to say goodbye.  I am sure Toby knows the love you have for him and that will never change.  Please take comfort in knowing that he is not alone or lost.  There are many furbabies there to greet him and play with him.  My Bailey is one of them.  I promise he was such a helper that he will greet Toby and help him.  He will always know your love and will always love you.  He will be waiting for you just over the bridge.

I know the pain is absolutely horrible.  I sit at my desk with the tears flowing a lot.  Nothing and no one will ever take his place and it is okay to cry.

I promise he is not alone.

You and Toby are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa - Bailey & Tabitha's forever mom
Quote 0 0
Princess
First Charlotte I am so sorry for your loss. I know how bad it hurts I have been here since 2005  when I lost my Princess, now this year less than two months apart I had to add two more of my precious babies to my list of angels who have gone one.  I know it is hard to know that the decision had to be made but let me say this honey I was with both my Kaizer and my Maddie when they left this world and it is such a peaceful passing, and always remember no matter how hard it is this is part of our love for them to allow them to pass over to the other side when they are ill and in pain.  Your baby is now with all of ours at the bridge watching over you always .. You will have bad days but know that you are never alone we are here for you always. 
Hugs and prayers of healing to you
Debbie Princess, Kaizer & Maddie's mom
Quote 0 0
Tricia
Dear Charlotte,

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Toby. We all understand your heartache. How do you say goodbye?  I don't believe that we do say goodbye to our babies. Every night when I say my prayer I say goodnight to my boys at the Bridge and good morning when I wake up. I think that gives me the comfort that I need. Light a candle for Toby and talk to him, he will hear you, his spirit is with you, in your heart and in your soul.

Stay with us Charlotte, you will find much comfort and understanding here.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hugs,

Tricia

Tricia, Burton&Ozzie's Mom

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
Quote 0 0
Shadowhoffen
Oh Charlotte, I am so very sorry for the pain you are in.  yes, we do understand.  I'm glad you found RB because the compassionate people here will help you heal.  Nothing takes the pain away but it is nice to know others understand the bond and love you have with your furry friend. 
It isn't "goodbye" ... it's more like "see ya later" as you will be reunited in time.  He will always be watching over you ... he's always in your heart.  They are never with us long enough...but we wouldn't miss that journey, would we?
they are priceless and he knows he is loved and you know you gave him a wonderful life.   He is healthy, happy and running wild in the green pastures of RB ..... hugs and prayers as you begin your path to healing
Norma and the Shadowhoffen Shepherds ~~ Rebel and Rex together forever
Remembering Rebel.. 8-21-01 ~~ 01-15-06
Remembering Rex ... 8-21-01 ~~ 01-22-11
Remembering Tala ... 9/17/2000 ~~ 8/30/11
Remembering Baron ... 3/12/98 ~~ 11/23/11
http://www.premiereshepherds.org/blog ... for Rebels memorial blog and soon to be Rex's as well

http://www.premiereshepherds.org
Quote 0 0
James186282
Dear Char: They know. They may not be able to "talk" in the way we do but they feel and they know. Hang in there! We lost our forever friend Sunday (The Samoyd) this morning and I know how much that hurts..
Quote 0 0
Willsongirl
The world seems so vast and empty without your Toby, doesn't it? 

I'd love to hear about him if you have stories to tell.
Quote 0 0
CharlotteTaylor
Thank you for all of your lovely messages.

I have had a weekend just to think it over. I found it so hard visiting my parents, I live with my boyfriend now, and I opened the door and our other two dogs came rushing in and I couldn't help but look for him. It was almost as if my heart was playing tricks on me. I just wanted to hold him and play fetch all day with him if that was what he wanted.

He was our gentle giant. The watcher over our two insane Jack Russells, Milo and Juno. He would never hurt anyone and he was just such a beautiful dog. Old, wise, gentle and so pure of heart.

He was addicted to fetch. Anything, any time, any place - he wanted to fetch. A real doggy dog - the only one of our dogs who is well behaved enough to sit, stay, roll over, paw etc without the bribe of a doggy treat.

It is just horrible. I only hope he knows that I am sorry that I couldn't give him 100% of my time when the other two dogs wanted me too. He will always have a place in my heart but in a way I feel relieved that he is free from any discomfort and pain.

I just miss my old man.

Thank you all for your support. I hope one day I can feel better about losing my old friend.

xxxx
"Goodbye love, goodbye love. Just came to say, goodbye love. Goodbye."

Toby's sister.
Quote 0 0
nana9699
Dear Charlotte,
I am so sorry for your loss..this morning my precious Munchkin passed away unexpectedly...I am totally lost and don't know how to cope with it...she was my whole world..what do we do now?
Quote 0 0
Willsongirl
I lost my baby girl on August 11, 2009.  She was born on April 3, 1991.  She lived 18 years, 4 months and 8 days.  I'm trying to atttach a photo of her taken not long before she passed.  She was sleeping on my husband's lap and looks so cute.

I'm still crying every day with the pain of not seeing her face any more.  I know how you all feel losing Toby and Munchkin and all the rest.  My only defense against the lonliness is to be there for the pets of my friends and neighbors.  I was just sitting here thinking of how to send you the message of how to feel a little better after the loss of a precious pet.  This old song came to mind.  Cole Porter's "It's Alright With me."  These lyrics may tell you something good to know about healing.

It's the wrong time and the wrong place
Though your face is charming, it's the wrong face
It's not her face, but such a charming face
And it's alright with me

It's the wrong song with the wrong style
Though your smile is lovely, it's the wrong smile
It's not her smile, but such a lovely smile
That it's alright with me

You can't know how happy I am we met
I'm strangely attracted to you
There's someone I'm trying so hard to forget
Don't you wanna forget someone too

It's the wrong game with the wrong chips
Though your lips are tempting, they're the wrong lips
They're not her lips, but they're such tempting lips
That it's all right with me

Though your face is charming, it's the wrong face
It's not her face, but such a charming face
And it's alright with me

It's the wrong song with the wrong style
Though your smile is lovely, it's the wrong smile
It's not her smile, but a lovely smile
And it's alright with me

You can not know how happy I am we met
I'm strangely attracted to you
There's someone I'm trying so hard to forget
Don't you wanna forget someone too

It's the wrong game and the wrong chips
Though your lips are tempting, it's the wrong lips
They're not her lips, but they're such tempting lips
And it's all right with me

And it's all right, it's all right
It's all right with me
It's all right with me

Though your lips are charming, it's the wrong face
It's not her face but a charming face
And it's alright with me
Red Hot + Blue

Quote 0 0
dauntesmom
Dear Charlotte,
I understand the pain that came with visiting your parents home without toby being there.  My 2 grown sons have only stopped by home once since we lost Daunte and my youngest cant even stay downstairs without crying.  My older son looked so sad when he stopped by it broke my heart.  While I would love to see them everyday as I did before I understand that right now it hurts them to much to be here.  Take some time to heal your mom will understand as I am sure she feels that same pain each time she walks through the door.  As parents of children and furbabies we never want to see any of our children hurt.  It is our goal to protect them and not let anything hurt them.  I am sure that your mom will understand if you take some time.  Take care Daunte's mom
Quote 0 0
Krasey4Kitten

I just want to extend my heart to you. The pain is so deep. You will always miss him. But, It will become more bearable each day.

Quote 0 0