Charmedblu
I found about this site almost 10 years ago, when my dog was put down. It's my first time posting on this site. On April 21, 2018 my cat Toby passed away at home at the age of 18. That Friday he was up and about eating his food and drinking water with the other cats and stealing the food my mom was cooking. it happened all of sudden. Towards the end of the evening more tried and I notice he couldn't stand up.  Witnessing his passing was shocking and terrifying. But I am glad he passed at home. I'm glad he was able to my sister and my nieces before he passed. 

He was one of my 3 original pets my mom found. My first dog Troy, second dog Precious, and cat Toby. I have 4 other cats, but it's not the same. My mom found Toby outside near our apartment building and took him in. He made his new home, his home. He didn't like closed spaces or going outside the apartment. He loved people food and loved being picked up and hold. His favorite spot in the house was the kitchen. I will always miss and love him.  Toby.jpg 

Quote 0 0
MyBella
I am so, so sorry for the loss of your precious Toby, it is never easy losing such a valued and loved member of our family.
Your sweet Toby is running and playing with Troy and Precious, the three of them young once again with no pain or worries.
May the love and light that is your sweet Toby bring such warmth and peace to your heart.
Hold the many cherished memories of your Toby, Troy and Precious close to your heart, by doing so, you will always feel the love they continue to surround you with.

I am so sorry for your loss, sincerely, Don & Vera

Image result for winnie the pooh quote keep me in your heart forever
Quote 0 0
PJRN007
I'm so sorry for your loss.  Toby looks exactly like my boy Ash that died Friday.  He was 17.  How I wish he could've passed at home like your precious Toby.  You're right.  I have other cats but it's not the same.  The house is different ... it feels empty.  Thanks for sharing your story.  He's a handsome boy!  I'll pray for you guys.  Hang in there, God bless.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Toby was a handsome cat! He had been alone and abandoned and you gave him a loving home for many years. I hope it helps to know he was happy because of you and your mom. Sounds like he was quite a character too stealing the food your mom was cooking! I'm so sorry he had to go. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
chyron24
Charm,
Sincere sympathy on your recent loss of Toby.  It is so fresh and sad.  Were on the Mon Candle Prayer earlier tonight?  It was my first time.  Most recent loss, also 4/21, Rainbow.  Here and then gone.
Toby's photo is lovely. 
Blessings, Arlene
Quote 0 0
PJRN007
Charmedblu,

How has your day been?  I keep coming back to see Toby...just love that picture
Quote 0 0
Charmedblu
@PJRN007 I am doing a little bit better. it still hurts. I waiting to receive his ashes. 

Edit: After taking back on when my mom go Toby, he wasn't 18 but 20 years old. 20 years is a very long time for a cat. 
Quote 0 0
PJRN007
Yea, I'm still waiting for my guy's ashes too.  I really miss him tonight.
Quote 0 0
Lamont
My sympathy to you for the loss of Toby. Even though he's passed, 18 years is a good long life. We had a male tabby, Ollie who nearly lived to be 20, despite some nagging health issues.

Just a couple of months ago our little Manx tabby, Bertie lost her fight with feline hyperthyroidism at 11 years of age. We are still more or less devastated, since she was such a joy to have in our family.

There is nothing more difficult than parting with a dear friend, and it takes time to recover. We'll be here if you need us.

L
Bertie's Daddy
Quote 0 0