CaseyL

He had so many names. His name was Chubbs, but more importantly, he was a little piece of heaven that brought us so many wonderful memories. He was our little dog that could defuse the worst day with his presence, and sooth our worries with a lick.

He accompanied me everywhere I went and was my wingman on those long trips to anywhere. Knowing he was there brought me extra confidence that everything was going to be alright. He lusted after the best things in life that were so simple. Delicious food, peeing on anything within reach, and being with his dad.

He had the cutest small frame with a puffy chest and large eyes that always seemed to follow me wherever I went. He loved when I held him and showed him the world. There will always be a seat for him in my car. Chubbs was also always so content to sit in one place as long as I was with him. He was the most easy-going dog. Every day he would be so happy to see me even when I was only gone for an hour. He placed me in a category above anything else.

Almost 2 years into our lives together, God called Chubbs home. I don’t understand it, but wish I could have had many more years with him. I can only thank God for giving me any time with him at all. I can’t help feel this tremendous loss deep within the area in my heart that I keep all sacred things. The tears fall like raindrops from the ocean of sorrow that pours from my heart. I continue to look around for him as a reflex that only brings me pain when I realize he’s not there. I still talk to him in hopes that he can calm the war in my soul that threatens to give up the fight of life.

If you have never known Chubbs, know that God gave a wonderful gift to someone so undeserving. Life after Chubbs will be less sweet, less brilliant, and almost unbearable. I was the sailboat and Chubbs was the wind to keep me going. Now I sit crouched in a dark corner while my tiny guiding light has burnt out.

Chubbs, I will never forget you. I will always love you for what you are- my tiny savior.

Rest in Peace, my little boy.

Chubbs 9-6-15

Quote 0 0
hasamantha
Hi CaseyL,

It's tough to stare at an empty corner of the house once occupied by our best friend or gazing at the yard hoping to see him run back into our lives again. Just want to say hi to you and give you a virtual hug.

WheresMyBuBu

Quote 0 0
CaseyL
Thank you so much for that.
Quote 0 0
Radars_mom
CaseyL, thank you for sharing a piece of Chubbs with us. It is certainly evident, by his sweet face especially, that he was an angel indeed...On loan from God. What an awesome way to look at your time with him--as an undeserved privilege. I feel the exact same way and I sincerely hope it helped you to share Chubbs' story as much as it did me to read about him. Fly high, sweet angel. And when you see Radar in heaven, please tell him mom and dad love him!
Quote 0 0
CaseyL
Thank you for that! I'm glad you liked that tribute. May your heart be at peace as Chubbs and Radar wait to reunite with us.
Quote 0 0
CaseyL
Many months have gone by. I've decided to get a new dog sometime shortly after the passing of Chubbs. It's been a blessing to ultimately have this new dog in our house. He's been so awesome. Ultimately though, the intensity of the loss of Chubbs still lingers. The good part is that the frequency of my aching has lessened. Chubbs will still always be my shining light that I hope to see in the afterlife.

While his passing certainly did devastate me, a new dog showed me that there are little furry lights out there shining and needing my help. My new dog, Kipper, helped me understand this. I love Kipper so much. He's brought me so many new memories that has renewed that warmth in my heart.

For those of you aching with that same devastation that I felt only months ago, there will be peace.
Quote 0 0
rich1976
What a beautiful little guy, you were very lucky to have such a loving friend even if only for a brief time. Please feel at peace soon for he is having a ball over the bridge. x
R.I.P James 15-11-13 (aged 2)
R.I.P Sheba 25-06-15 (aged 13)
Quote 0 0