Chulll
I wrote this on Thursday, the day after I said goodbye to my best and only friend of 15 years. Maybe tomorrow I will not cry.

A part of me went to the stars yesterday. A piece of my heart went to Orion.

I held her head in my hands. My tears wetted her cheeks and ears. She didn't want to go inside. She didn't want to lay down. I said, "baby relax, It will be OK baby, Just relax."

Tears flowed from my eyes like a flooded stream.
" tell her you love her" he said.
"You're going to doggie heaven Jezebel"...

My tears fell on her face and neck as I stroked her soft fur. "I love you baby, I love you Jezebel"
She closed her eyes and went to sleep.
As I sat on the floor next to her and leaned my back to the wall. A part of me left this earth. I saw a piece of my heart go to the stars.

A solitary particle of light ascended to Orion.

My best friend of 15 years is gone, maybe tomorrow I won't cry.
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
I am soooooooooo sorry for you losing your friend  Believe me I understand and it is unlikely you will not cry tomorrow or any day soon.  Most of us here are STILL crying for much longer times.  It is ok.  Grieve in whatever way works for you and tears are part of the process for sure.  It has been 7 weeks now for me and I am still sobbing.  Take some comfort in that you got to talk to and say goodbye to your baby.  My Molly had a stroke and it was all so fast and she was so disoriented I don't think she knew what was being said to her there was no comfort I could give her and that is heartbreaking.

Please know that we all here understand and hope we can help you in some way.  You are free to post pictures and stories about your baby and we all will grieve with you. 
janice
Quote 0 0
camunki
so sorry for your loss, this is new and raw, and the tears will flow for a while....I am going on 7 weeks and still cry every day, its part of the healing process. Glad you were with your Jezebel, til the end..............til you meet again

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
Chulll
I know they are not meant to be here forever, but only to be with us for a little while. I miss her so much. She was my only friend for 15 years and she was with me through some tough times. She is the only reason I am still alive today. The only reason I had to continue on. Always happy to see me and always there when I needed her. My only companion. I will heal eventually but it hurts so much right now.
Thanks for listening.
Quote 0 0