Forum

Author   Comment  
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #1 
My Sweet Soogoo: It's been exactly three months to the minute since I gazed into your eyes and tearfully whispered all my words of love to you. I will never forget those beautiful bright eyes, and the love that poured from your heart to mine and back again in those final minutes of your life here with us. OH! How I miss you, Biggety-Boo! You know that...I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, your momcat I'll be. Sending you the best of my love. Your Ever-Lovin', Brown-Eyed Momcat, Sooma. xoxoxo

Attached Images
jpeg T.J._Baby_Taz_10_weeks_old.jpg (24.00 KB, 12 views)
jpeg T.J._and_Sooma_True_love_03-09-2010.jpg_2.jpg (655.33 KB, 19 views)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery

nicokudo

Reply with quote  #2 
Susie,

Sending you heartfelt thoughts on this 3 month marker.  I have thought of you often since your precious T.J. left on his new journey to RB.  I know how difficult these days can be.  For awhile the world seems to lose its vibrancy after they leave.
Hang in there; as you know it does get better.  From my personal experience, 6 months to a year is about what it took for me to start feeling new normal again.

Your friend, Karen

Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #3 
Dearest Karen,

Thank you so much for your rapid response on this sad day.  This forum has been my rock when the chips are down, and you have always been such a big part of that, from Day 1. 

I recently ordered a 50th anniversary edition of one of my favorite books, Gift From the Sea, by Ann Morrow Lindbergh.  My mom gave me her copy when I was in high school, and I treasured it.  For years, I gave copies to friends for their birthdays, since my initials were S.E.A.  Somewhere along the line, I lost my copy in a box of books that never arrived at their destination during one of my moves.  I am so happy to have a new copy to treasure.

I went to Amazon write a review of my ordering experience, and as usual, there was a list of suggested items for people who like the book.  One of those books is written by Reeve Lindbergh, the youngest daughter of Ann Morrow Lindburgh.  It is called No More Words: A Journal of My Mother, Ann Morrow Lindbergh.  I read a few pages of it on line, and immediately added it to my Amazon wish list to order it in the future.

In the excerpt I read, Reeve Lindbergh writes about conversations she had with her mother after she (Reeve) lost her young child suddenly and unexpectedly.  Of course, we all know that Ann tragically lost her own young child years earlier, Charles Lindbergh, Jr., the famous Lindbergh Baby. 

One passage in Reeves' book touched the very core of my being, and it applies to all of us who feel the shock of losing someone we love.  Ann said to her daughter, "This horror will fade, I can promise you that.  The horror fades.  The sadness, though, is different.  The sadness remains..."

Reeve goes on to describe how the sadness became like a member of the family, or like the family dog, hiding in corners for long naps.  She also writes about welcoming it at certain times to sit with her for long conversations.  Such beauty in her words!

It's important for all of us to remember that the sadness is not always a curse.  Sometimes it is a welcome friend, reminding us of the love we shared with our angels.  It can help us feel closer to them our whole lives long as long as we don't give it too much power.  Eventually, after a visit with it, we are ready let it return to wherever it dwells from day to day and welcome the love to sit with us a while.  It's all in the yin and yang of life.

Thank you again for your comforting words.

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:

And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
MagzMom

Reply with quote  #4 
Time passes so quickly.  I know how you feel, my heart too is battered, bruised, but part of it did break.  I am working on repairing that part.  What a beautiful kitty, and I know how much you miss your angel.
Tricia

Reply with quote  #5 
((((((((((((((((((((((Susie))))))))))))))))))

Sending you prayers and hugs on your beloved T.J.'s 3 month Marker at the Bridge. Do you remember the song by Jim Croce, Time in a Bottle?
If only we could!

Hugs,

Tricia

Attached Images
jpeg Burtonangel.jpg (41.26 KB, 4 views)
jpeg OZZIEANGEL.jpg (36.49 KB, 5 views)

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet

Mia870

Reply with quote  #6 

Sending you prayers across the thousands of miles between us. I feel your sorrow, and wish you wonderful memories of your furbaby. I was thinking the other day of the saying "it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all". It is so true xx  

Reply with quote  #7 
Thinking about you Susie,  I know how much you miss your baby.

Not to change the subject, but I tried to respond to your post on Sharyn the night you told me and I signed the guest book.. then I got here finally and was disconnected.   I don't know how to post here (?)
Can't see hubz or anything...

Prayers for Sharyn's family a little late here,  and prayers for you too. Haven't been on since we chatted that night.

Thinking of all of you & prayers for all your babies~~~
Lv Kat

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Susie,
I dont know what to say to someone who can give advice and support like you can, except my thoughts and prayers are with you xx

Bob

Reply with quote  #9 

God bless you. I share your pain. Mr. Ike is at the B and I am trying not to let my heart break. But, I don't know how much longer I can hang on. The pain is almost a constant.

Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #10 
Bob:

Sometimes we have to go ahead and let our hearts finish breaking   Then we can gather up the pieces and put them back together.  All of our hearts bear those seams where we have lovingly mended the breaks, and those parts have become stronger for the glue of love that binds them.  The best way I have found to mend a broken heart is to open it up to another friend who deserves to find the kind of love I have to give.  It's the best heart glue in the world, and it validates the love I shared with the ones who went before.

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:

niki

Reply with quote  #11 
HI SUSIE
hope you are ok, i just read your message, 3 months for you, i hope you are ok
it was 4 months for me this week for "mint", i felt very sad and depresed actually like i was just realising, last night i could not stop crying, it is so tough, those little reminders
i like to read your messages, makes me feel like i am not alone.
Mints twin "ocelot" ( in my picture is being so so loving, but she saw a BLACK cat and looked so confused, i felt so so so so sad at that moment.
It was painful, i hope she was ok, she came in and howled loud.
She is a indoor cat really only going out with her mum or dad

take care Susie, i do plan to make a beautiful page for Mint like YOURS, they are all so so lovely
best wishes
Niki x
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.