Guinness
Last Wednesday we decided to put our beloved dog Guinness down.  We had him for 9 years but with the discovery of cancer in his major glands and an increase growiling and agression towards our children (1 and 3)we made the hard choice.  We made him steak the night before and took him for a long run the morning before.  He was so happy played with girls with min growling.  Took him to the vet and did the hard thing of putting him down.  We stayed with him the whole time crying all the way. I now have extream guilt that we did it to soon and miss him so much.  Wife keeps saying ot was best for girls but i just cant forget what we did and regret it so much.  Sorry for long text just need to tell someone
Quote 0 0
Molly4always

I’m so sorry about your dog, Guinness.  You did what you thought was right for your girls and  your dog. I know it was a hard decision as it was for me when I had my kitty euthanized.  I, too, felt that I did it too soon but I am comforted by the fact I saved my cat so much further pain.  If you had waited it could have resulted in a very bad situation.  I understand your heartbreak so well and the guilt.  But I can, also, tell that you loved Guinness very much.  

Quote 0 0
Guinness
Thank you,  i know with time things will ease.  Right now these late nights waking up with him not at the end of the bed or hearing his paw prints is hard.  All the years and memories comes rushing back.  Like all things in life it comes to an end but call it humanity that we sometimes wish we could go back or wish time could have stood still..  sorry to hear about your cat and hopfully our animals are all playing together having fun.
Quote 0 0