Nikib
Hey Sammy boy, it's day 5 without you my sweet boy. I'm trying so hard to do the things I once enjoyed with you. Your sister is having a hard time without you. She is barely eating and She's been spending so much time upstairs sleeping on your bed. It's been hard for me to be upstairs without your dad because of all the reminders. Well today, I'm sitting on your favorite couch in the game room, watching tv and keeping Annie company. It's a good step and a good way to help replace the anguish I feel with only happy thoughts. I have so much regret for not doing more things with you and I can't change that now. However, I can still do these things with your sister. Yesterday we took her on a long walk and oh boy did she enjoy it! As you once did, she peed on every single lawn on the way back to the house. Your dad, uncle Sal, Aunt Daphne, and I decided to make her a bucket list. To let her enjoy little adventures, and all the human food she desires, until she can't anymore. I know how much you loved your Annie so I hope this makes you happy too.
Love always,
-your mama
Quote 0 0
NormaT
Hi Nikib

Keep those happy thoughts in your head. So sorry for your loss. It does get easier but boy it hurts so much, especially the first few weeks.
Annie's peeing reminds me so much of Spike. If I counted it up I must have spent the best part of a whole year waiting (often in the pouring rain) while he sniffed and peed at all the "special " places on our walks.

Norma
Norma 
Quote 0 0