vbraden91
Dear Sweet Baby,
You were the best baby anyone could ever have.  You were always there for me when I needed something to hold or cry with.  I tried to take care of you the best I could, I really did.  I couldn't take you to the vet, although I wished I could.  None of them would see you.  I tried to do everything right with the little information I had, but I feel like it wasn't enough.  I know I probably couldn't have saved you anyways, but I still feel guilty.  I miss you so much it hurts, and I day feels empty without you.  I don't know what to do.  I feel guilty for leaving you in that box in the cold ground, because you wouldn't have liked that.  I just want you back, you weren't supposed to die so quickly..  I'd do anything to have you back.  You were the sweetest little baby ever, and everyone loved you.  I loved you the most though and will never forget you.  I miss and love you Cheeto.
Quote 0 0
Ponchosmommie
I'm so sorry for your loss of Cheeto. I know the pain and all the feelings that go with losing a beloved pet...everyone here knows!  It hurts beyond imagination, but slowly you will begin to heal. Cheeto knows the love you shared and knows you did everything you could. We all feel guilty about something, but we are human...we do the best we can.

I hope you come back and tell us all about Cheeto. What was Cheeto? You didn't mention whether it was a dog, cat or something else; or whether it was a little girl or boy. Also, why wouldn't any of the vets see Cheeto?  I know that adds to your agony, but just remember you did the best you could.

You and Cheeto are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat

Quote 0 0
always_tuffy
Dear Friend at RainbowBridge,

Pls believe you DID do the best you could do.  Yes, we are only human and we don't have all the answers.  Believe me, the vets don't always either.  There is a poem posted here at the Bridge and the final two lines say "If love could have saved you, You never would have died".

I am so sorry that you have lost your heart whose name is Cheeto.  Trust that he loves you and knows you did your best.

All of us here at the Bridge are here for you.  We wish to listen to you, to give you comfort as best we can, AND TO HOLD YOU HAND THROUGH the journey of grief that you are taking.  We all walk that same path, all on the same journey, to find peace.  Cheeto wants you to find that peace.  Do not let your guilt interfere with the mourning of your precious Cheeto.

You have many years of combined experience in the loss of FurrBabies here at this site.  Return as you can.

You and Cheeto are in my prayers,
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
judylinn

Im so so sorry about your beloved cheeto. I lost my lab Maddie 5 weeks ago, and the frief is beyond words, as are the others here. we understand, and are with you here for support. If you can, we would love to hear about your precious baby.  Judy

Quote 0 0
judylinn
grief
Quote 0 0
TriciaK
I'm sorry and also would love to know more about Cheeto, you both are in my thoughts and prayers:)

Tricia x

Quote 0 0
vbraden91

Little Cheeto was a baby possum that my dog drug up from the woods.  She had fallen off her mother, I believe and was still too young to be by herself.  Possums are illegal to have as pets where I live, but I couldn't just leave her to die outside.  I took her in and raised her.  She was sickly the whole time I had her, but there was no one I could take her too, so I did the best I could.  She was happy throughout her life, even though she couldn't walk very well.  She was fine the other day, then Sunday she didn't feel well.  I held her while she died, but I still don't know what happened.  I feel like I did something wrong, but I know I did all I could.  I'm just glad I could give her the most comfortable life she could have had..

Quote 0 0
vbraden91

I had her for 5 months.  I know this is a very short time compared to other people's on this site, but this was the first pet I've ever truly loved.  She was with me all hours of the day when I was home from school (I'm in college, but I only go for about 4 hours a day).  The rest of my day was usually spent with Cheeto.  I feel like I'm so alone during the day now.  I don't know what to do.  I miss her dearly and cry continously.

Quote 0 0
judylinn
I am so sorry, It doesnt matter how long you have a pet, its that you loved her dearly. she  was as important to you, as ours are to us.  You didn't do anything wrong, you saved her and gave her the only love, she might ever had experienced. You did a wonderful thing.
I feel that aloness too. Maddie was my first pet ever to love, and my only family. and the house feels just the same...empty. Part of grieving for a loved one, is just to let yourself cry out the grief. That's what heals us. Give yourself some time. I still send Maddie love all the time, and I believe they still receive it. I hug her into my heart and send her love.  This is very hard for you. Do you have anyone to talk to?  Here is great, because we will be here for you. Bless you, and keep coming for support. We care!!
Quote 0 0
vbraden91

I'm sorry about Maddie.  I do have my sister, who loved and cared for Cheeto as much as I did.  She doesn't seem to be taking it as hard though.  But I talk to her about it and my mom.  Cheeto was loved by my whole family.  I just want her back, but I know that at least I can talk here..

Quote 0 0
Polly
The yearning for your baby is the worst...that's what hurt me most in the early days...yearning for him, just wanting him back. Please believe me when I say it does get easier. You'll never forget, but it does get easier. In the meantime, you can talk here...you can cry here...you can rant and rave here...do whatever you need to do to get your grief out, and we'll all be here to help you. To listen and understand. And help you get through this.

Polly  
Quote 0 0
vbraden91

What bothers me the most as she was so sick, but the vets said they couldn't treat her because they aren't legally pets..  I can't believe they could just let her suffer (she couldn't walk well and I knew it was getting progressively worse) but I couldn't do anything but care for and love her.  I never thought she'd die so young though.  She was the first pet I've ever loved.  I've had some cats and dogs in my family but they lived outside so I never spent much time with them.  I was with Cheeto all the time and I just can't seem to get a hold of myself. 

Quote 0 0
judylinn
the unconditional love of a pet, is something few experience. I think it's appalling that the vet wouldnt help. you did all you could, cheeto is no longer suffering, she is free, and there is an invisible chord to her of love. Yearning created a big black hole, because she cant come back...believe me I know that, my counselor said imagine you are huggin cheeto to your heart and go into your heart as you do that. there you will feel a connection, as that is where the love is. it may make you cry, but the only way through this I'm afraid. is to let the grief out.let the tears come, that is what is helping you to heal.
I had my own little memorial for maddie, and I planted a tree for her. Maybe you could do something in her honor, that would help you. for me it helped to have things I could see. My prayers are with you. keep coming back here. we understand the depth of the grief and loss.  Judy
Quote 0 0
vbraden91
Her little grave is near my garage, and I find myself wanting to go over there, but not wanting to bring up all the emotions over and over.  I can't park my car on that side because I burst into tears every time I see it. 

Quote 0 0
judylinn

vbraden, do go over there, you still love her, could you plant  a few flowers there. yes it will make you cry, but the tears will help to heal you. holding it in just is so much worse.....but then again, we all have to heal in our own way. if I don't let the pain out, the pressure builds in my throat, my stomach hurts, and I get very depressed.  when I planted something for Maddie, everytime I see it, I feel I honored her, and I may be sad, but I feel the love also. But, I also dont have a grave.  that is very hard. please know we understand and are here for you.

Quote 0 0