Butterfly22
I miss you bad today. It came on all of a sudden. I have been doing good. I could even talk about you without crying. Then boom.....all of a sudden today i started bawling. Damn i miss you. Its been 2 and a 1/2 months. I miss you....i miss you.....i miss you....
I wish you were here. I wish i could take one more picture of you. I looked back on a video of you that popped up on facebook memories....i never realised how old you had gotten in the end. You still had spunk somedays...i love you little punk....i love you so much and i hurt. I hate this emptiness inside buddy. Just needed to say hi. Sorry mom is so sad today.
Love mom
The best petter in the whole wide world.....
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Gina,

I am very sorry to learn of your loss of your beloved Punk. By reading your heartfelt words it is easy for each of us here on the forum to realize how much you loved, adored and cherished your pup. I am glad that your paths crossed and that Punk lived a long life. 

I am around 6 months through my own grieving process. And if you haven't been through all of this before, I am here to tell you that it DOES get better. It seems like it never will, but it does. Yes I still cry and miss my boy greatly, but the times between I am starting to feel like my old self again which is such a relief. The key is to just stay alive and keep traveling through time. And allow your mind and bodies inner healing mechanism to do it's job.

I have also found that if I am truly grateful, even humbled by the love I encountered and enjoyed with my lost beloved, for the time that it was allocated for us, and ask for mercy, it truly helps. The truth is we were blessed with good fortune to have ever loved and been loved that way that we were with our lost beloved's. 

Hugs.

Kind regards and my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
Butterfly22
Thank you. This is also my very first loss. He is the first dog i ever had on my own. Rescued him at 9 yrs old . He was almost 17 when he passed. And yes i loved him dearly. He saved my life and taught me to be a better person. Thank yiu for your kind words and response.
Thanks
Gina
Quote 0 0
chilover
Gina.

I am so very sorry to hear about your beloved Punk..
You rescued him & gave him a world of love...
I lost my dog who was also a rescue & my 1st!
I understand, it hurts so much, there is no words to describe the depth of the pain. We are so lucky to have had them in our lives, they show us love on another level. We don't exchange words with them, the connection & bond is so strong we don't need to...

I encourage you to stay in touch with us on here. It really is a godsend! I feel it is a warm soft blanket that somehow protects like armour when I am feeling at my lowest.

My thoughts are with you.

Hug

Angelina

Quote 0 0
Butterfly22
Angelina,
Thanks for the reply. I have been in here a little while. It does help me alot. I usually write him letters when i miss him. I wrote him one a while back to say goodbye. I was super hard. But i still come in to write him. It does help me feel better. I kiss his little pawpaw when i miss him. I got his paw print on my upper arm so when i missed him i could give him a kiss....his name was Vaggio. I just called him little punk....i do have a punk junior now helping me heal. His name is Freddie Mercury. Thanks for your reply and god bless.
Quote 0 0
chilover
I will have to read them.
The tattoo is such a nice way to honour Vaggio. I
have a heart shaped neclace with my Chihuahua's name 'Daisy' engraved!I kiss it too, it definitely makes me feel somehow closer to her and and a sense of pride.

Sending peace and light

Angelina
Quote 0 0