Samjosel
Toby,
I still can’t believe this has happened. You left us only yesterday and it’s been so hard. You were with me throughout all of Highschool and even when I had a really bad day, I found comfort knowing that you were going to be at home waiting for me and start wagging your tail and dancing crazy once you saw me. You were such a sweet caring boy. When you heard me crying or sniffling after a bad day, you would rush to me and cuddle to make me feel better. I’m so so sorry I couldn’t be there for you. It was so unlike you to just leave the house. I always thought you would maybe pass away from old age and I had always mentally prepared myself for that. I never thought you would run off and get hit by a car. I really hope it was instant because I hate the thought of you being in pain and me not being there for you. I have not stopped crying and I don’t know if I ever will. You are my best friend and always will be. You were always positive and happy and it always motivated me to also be that way. Now I don’t know what to do. I feel so empty. You were the best boy and I’m going to miss you so much. I hope doggy heaven is real and you’re out there having a blast. I hope I can see you soon buddy.

Love,
Your best friend Sam
Quote 0 0
Cory
Dear Sam,

I'm so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you.  What you are feeling is valid and grieving him will take time.  Our pets mean the world to us and we love them so much.

I lost my 15 1/2 year old dog Logan exactly one week today.  I miss his so very much.

Hang in there xoxoxo
Quote 0 0
Samjosel
Thank you Cory. Glad I found the forum because most of my friends and family have never experienced the loss of a pet like this so they don’t really understand why I’m so devastated. It’s been really hard. I can’t stop thinking about the way he looked when I found him on the road...

I’m so sorry for your loss, I only had my baby for 7 years and I really thought we had a ton more to go. Thank you for your kind words. I wish you the best.
Quote 0 0