SquirrelCatcher Show full post »
ShelbysMomFL
I completely understand. I'm more of a reader here myself. My Shelby passed away from cancer on February 29th. What part of Florida are you in? I'm in Central Florida.
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
squirrelcatcher, aaww hon you never have to be sorry for being sad or not being able to reply the first time to posts.  heck, some days I read a post and the tears start flowing to the point where i'm choked up so totally that it takes me a few days to post a reply.  the great part about being here (and it's the only one as I see it) are all the wonderful caring humans here so lost in their grief of their own lost furbaby yet always encouragement and support for others in the same boat.  hon, we all are going through the same thing and we all relate very dearly to what you post.  thanks for the invite of coffee and you never know when you might see a little old nonna from south jersey.  :)  keep your chin up sweetie and we're here for each other!  take your time posting if that is what helps but we do understand so no worries.  many many hugs
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
SquirrelCatcher
Many of the things I do are instinctive. I wake up and say good morning to both my doggies, I go to bed and say good night and make sure to leave ample room for Sally. Sometimes I make two snacks instead of one. This weekend I made a trip to the landfill as usual and I instinctively reached down to my lap to scratch Sally ears because she would ride on my lap as I drove slowly around town doing errands. It is not until after I do these acts that I realize that Sally is not there. It is hard to stop myself from doing that. My mom, as helpful as she tries to be, has given me the 'time to move on' lecture. She knows what the pups mean to me. I tried to explain to her many of my reactions are involuntary but she didn't get it. Until later that afternoon we went to her house and she brought out treats for the dogs during lunch and called out both of hers then she called baby and then she held out that last piece of hot dog and called out for Sally. My dad and I both looked at her and she realized what she had done. I think she better understood what I was going through even if for a brief moment. I try to keep a normal routine so that Baby gets out of her funk. Not sure of it is working or not. The only reason I even bought this house was for the dogs to have a large fenced in yard. Now I sort of hate the house but still love the memories I had here with Sally. So yea, Baby and I have not been spending much time in it lately, it just seems so empty to me. 

I grew up in New Jersey. I remember in the cold winter months the cold air would get inside my ears and it would feel as if my brain was freezing. I am not going to move there ever again. I live in central Florida in a small horse town called Ocala. It is in the middle of everywhere without all the tourists. 

Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
omg a place without tourists (or shoobies as we in south jersey affectionately call them), how divine that sounds!  ya no doubt jersey can get cold especially with those arctic vortexes we've been getting the last few years but idk there is just something about the changing seasons - spring brings the flowers and the cherry blossom trees are beautiful, summer can get muggy, fall brings the leaves changing all sorts of brilliant reds, oranges, yellows and winter snow (roxie liked the first snow fall of the season but when it got belly deep for her....um not so much, lol).  these days new jersey seems to be the state of mass confusion and you'd be bonkers to move here again - and that from a jersey nonna, lol.  i'm certain that sally was right there in your lap as you instinctively reached to scratch her ears as I know from the pet medium that roxie still enjoys the belly and butt rubs I give to her (they apparently can still feel them and enjoy them).

it is sad to see our remaining furbabies mopey or lost without their cohorts but when we realize how we grieve deeply why would we think dogs, cats, animals in general wouldn't deeply miss those they lived with as pack members.  but I do believe that they do sense a change in their buddies before the end even though they don't know about or anticipate death as we humans do.  the best we can do is keep them safe, healthy and well loved and when it is their time as well...give them enough love for their crossing and until we meet them again.  oh crap, why can't I get through one posting without crying.  many many hugs to all and good night friends
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
TannersMom
I think people just don't get it until they have a pet. We lost our Tanner on 1 Feb 16. Still feels like yesterday sometimes. It does get easier as time goes on, but the loss never goes away. I personally think it's so devastating because the love from a pet truly is unconditional. For me, I think losing Tanner was harder than losing my father. Now NOBODY in my family would understand that. But, if you're a pet owner, you get it. Will send prayers up for you and pray that you find some amount of comfort in the memories you have. Hang in there!!
Susan (aka: TannersMom)
Quote 0 0
tarahpup
Loosing a beloved furbaby is hard and for me it hasn't gotten easier.  I lost my Angel on 2/13/16 and the tears won't stop.  She was only 14 1/2 yrs.  Survived being thrown out of a car at 35 mph when she was 4 weeks old, survived a dog attack  and melanoma but could not be saved from liver failure.  It is still very hard for me to come here but I want everyone to know that I am thinking about you and your loss, and I hope that, at least, your pain will ease.  With love and best wishes, Lonnie and Angel. 009.JPG 
In God I trust.
Quote 0 0
Ell99
oh angel is so beautiful. im so sorry for your loss xx
Quote 0 0
Ell99
susan- yes some people just dont get it. a few people cant understand that im still sad. i dont say much to anyone anymore except on here. elle
Quote 0 0
camunki
today marks 6 months for me with losing Munki, on 12/3/15 and i had a crying festival today, could not stop crying, thinking where does time go? and I still physically miss her, even though she was blind (almost 14 y/o)...she still loved what God gave her, a warm home, food, and tons of love, yeah she would bump into things but i guided her gently.

Squirrelcatcher...no we are not foolish....we just have a whole lot of deep love for our pets who have now crossed...and this road is a tough one....but together we can get thru anything.

And yes, i'll take a trip to FL and have a nice cold iced coffee please!

Cam

Quote 0 0
CKMP
Cam,

I am so sorry - 6 months will seem like a lifetime and then again it will seem like it was only yesterday.

It is that deep bond and love we have that makes life so darn wonderful when we are with our special ones and so darn difficult when we say goodbye.
Many days of memories often pale in comparison to that one moment of physical touch and comfort we found with them.
It is a tough road - and we are lucky to have others here that don't think we are crazy.
Thoughts are with you today.
Quote 0 0
SquirrelCatcher
Angel looks lovely, (for a cat!)

I don't know where the time goes either. It has only been a month here and it doesn't seem that long. I sort of just muddle through the day at times and drown myself in work. I know some of you might feel like an outcast because those around you don't grasp what you feel. It is ok, you have us here. I personally don't know what the future holds. I don't see my life ever being the same anymore. Sure, it will go on and we all move forward, but it can never go back to 'normal' for me. It will go on but just be different. I was thinking of calling a friend and going to a movie this weekend. I have not been out at all since Sally left me. Mostly due to the fact that the surviving dog hates to be alone now. I am dog sitting for my folks these next two weeks. I traveled extensively when I was younger and finally convinced them to take a few weeks off and go west to visit Yellowstone and the surrounding area. At least for a few weeks, Baby won't be alone when I go to work. She gets along with her dogs so I hope it cheers her up. 

Today is definitely an iced coffee day.
92 degrees.

trio.jpg 

Quote 0 0