From when you were with me

At this time last year.

It's all just a time warp.

Wherever you are,

You live in my heart

So near yet so far.

T.J. made his journey at 1:51 PM on March 9th, 2010

Forever a part of my heart and my soul

In one of the stars, I shall be living. In one of them, I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night. -- The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery

All tears are healing tears.  They help to wash away our sorrow and allow the first buds of happiness to blossom in our hearts. -- Susie "Squillions"

.T.J.'S RESIDENCY: http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm
.BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY: http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM
.KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY: http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm
A fresh start after 947 posts. March 7th, 2011. I've been coming to this wonderful site since April 6, 2004.
Quote 0 0
Roberta
Oh...
       Miss Susie

Absolutely...
                 BEAUTIFUL

It's brought   tears   to my eyes
The cards are   perfect

As you are looking   into the camera...
                                                     your face shows...
it is taking   all   of your strength   to get   through the day's journey

TJ's body language   tells   me...
                                             as he is leaning   into you...
                                                                                    your bodys maybe separate
But...  
he is intertwining...
                           your essences/souls
And...
        time is standing...
                                 still

I'm sure   as you look   at that picture...
today...
           you wish...
                          time had stood...
                                                  still

The gifts   TJ has given   to you...
                                               through his transitioning...
                                                                                    are priceless
Your insightful words   to us   on this website   show...
                                                                            how much spiritual growth...
            you've gained
The veil   between you and the other side   is...
                                                                  very, very thin
I see   it   in your face

Thank you...
                 for sharing
I can only imagine...
                            how bittersweet...
                                                     it must be
Roberta aka SoppysGrammy 

Quote 0 0
donnalee

I can only just echo what Roberta just said.  It also brought tears to my eyes.  The pictures are powerful.  Truly, what a love story.  I hope the anniversary will be filled with love and peace for you. 

Quote 0 0
nicokudo
Susie,

This is really a beautiful and touching poem!  and oh, so very true.  I know how difficult these year markers can be and am sending you  positive, healing thoughts across the miles.  I look at T.J.'s eyes(the clear beautiful eyes of a young cat)...he would touch you if he could.

Karen
Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Quote 0 0
creampuff
Susie,
I just know T.J. is purring down angel kisses right now.  He loves his mommy and knows that he'll be back in her arms again someday.   Blessings of comfort to you today on this first anniversary.  Jane
Quote 0 0
Tricia
Dearest Susie,

My thoughts and prayers are with you on your beloved T.J's One year marker at the Bridge.Your poem to T.J is beautiful and says it all for many of us.I think you know that I've saved many of your poems and beautiful stories in my memories book and this will be another one!   The Orange Boy was my very first in my memory book!Thank for you that. It will be six years next month for our beautiful Burton. Where does the time go? Why does it feel like yesterday and we remember every second of that day. But they are never far from us because there precious spirits live in our heart and our soul. In many small ways, I have visits from Burton, so I know he's close by visiting with his Mom.

Always here for you my friend.

hugs,

Tricia

Tricia, Burton&Ozzie's Mom

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Friends:

Thank you so much for your beautiful replies.  I can't take credit for writing that poem. It came to me as I was trying to lie down for a "pity nap."  the words started flowing into my head and I had no choice but to get to the computer to record them.  I know now that they came from T.J.  I think he has decided to use words to communicate with me. He inspires me from his side of the veil.  I had named the poem "Time Warp," although the words didn't appear anywhere in it.  I went back to bed for a nap, and all of a sudden those last four line rushed in, making me leave my comfy spot in bed to rush to the computer to add them at the last minute. I can't help but wonder if T.J. just didn't want me to lie down with Gidget. LOL  They always had issues when he was here.

ROBERTA: You said, "As you are looking into the camera,   your face   shows   it is taking   all of your strength   to get through   the day's journey TJ's body language   tells me   as he is leaning into you   your bodys maybe separate But  he is intertwining   your essences/souls And time is standing   still  I'm sure   as you look at that picture today you wish time had stood still"

Truer words have never been spoken. Over T's final weeks with us, our bond became so strong that I could sense exactly what he needed as it became almost impossible for him to go anywhere on his own. Thank you for seeing what was happening in that moment. The picture was taken just before we left the house to release him from his gorgeous body that had betrayed him so cruelly.

DONNALEE:  Thank you for being here for me at this bittersweet time.  Yes, it's a day of sorrowful memories, but that's because our love is so strong and it was so hard to know that those embraces were about to come to an end.

KAREN
: What can I say to you, my friend?  You and I arrived at the same time, both blinded by or sorrow. We helped each other navigate those early days.  I would have been lost without you and you still bring me as much comfort now, if not even more.  You are a Rainbow Warrior Angel! xoxo

JANE:  Thank you for your message of pure understanding and light. It has helped me more today than you know. Your words are always so tender and so positive and sweet.  I marvel as I read the comforting messages you leave for the newcomers who need to find the brand of understanding you share. Thank you for that!

TRICIA:  I remember the day you arrived here as if it were last week. Then again, it could have been a lifetime ago, for all that matters. Our friendship formed instantly as if we had known each other all along.  Burton made his journey right after Buddy's one year marker. Such an emotional time for both of us. I remember feeling connected to you right off the bat. You and Heather and your Burt + Bert.  An instant bond of trust and support that led to such a beautiful friendship between the two of you. The fact that you included me was so very touching for me!  I'm glad you enjoyed the poem from T.J.  He wrote it from my perspective, but I believe that's because he doesn't miss anything about me at all.  After all, he's right here with me, and can feel my touch and my love even more clearly than before.  Right? The barriers exist only for those of us who are left behind.  For the ones on the other side of the veil there are no boundaries or limitations.

TO ALL OF YOU
:  Thank you for taking the time to read our poem, and for your kind and encouraging words.  As difficult as today has been, you have all made it easier for me to smile.

xoxoxo
Susie & T.J.

In one of the stars, I shall be living. In one of them, I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night. -- The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery

All tears are healing tears.  They help to wash away our sorrow and allow the first buds of happiness to blossom in our hearts. -- Susie "Squillions"

.BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY: http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM
.KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY: http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm
A fresh start after 947 posts. March 7th, 2011. I've been coming to this wonderful site since April 6, 2004.
Quote 0 0
Meghanm
Susie, I honestly think that is so true! We do hold the memories of our beloved pets in our hearts. I think it is there that they live now after they have passed on. Thank you for sharing this poem with us, I always look forward to reading your posts and hearing your valuable insight.
Meghan

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." ~ The Crow

"We don't "get over" our losses and just move on, we learn to live differently."
~ http://www.angelbluemist.com/frames/guilt.html
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Meghan,

Thank you so much for reading T.J.'s poem and for your kind reply.  I have always believed Einstein's Theory of Relativity: Matter dies, but energy is eternal. So our best friends' hearts cease to beat, and their bodies are gone, but the essence of them, what really made them them, exists forever. That vibration is all around us and within our hearts.  This is the reason I almost always refer to them in the present tense.  They are.  Forever.

xoxoxo
Susie

Quote 0 0